Sponsored

Sliders / Step sides / Rock rails

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Mopar enhanced rock rails. Exactly what you are looking for. Bolt right on like stock and are not obnoxiously large, just perfect.
Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
To your original question. I like the Ace engineering Rock Rails. I like the simple, utilitarian design, and they allow you to keep the original Rubicon sliders which hide the ugly lower pinch weld. The only issue with them (and several other choices) is the potential of breaking a body bolt during the installation process.

Just a suggestion to try to keep within general forum behavior; Maybe if you’d prefaced your question with “I’ve looked thru all the existing threads on sliders, but I’d still like people’s opinions on which ones meet my needs...” or something like that we could have avoided some of the other responses.
3ADF586D-EE83-4A38-92F7-9263FA455A96.jpeg
32B045C2-F7C3-432D-899C-83900BB83D65.jpeg
997315EE-DAA7-477F-9A56-19F5E72D6CA3.jpeg
41B4387F-4364-46F4-BBE4-CEC1D49D7866.jpeg
I really want those, but am discouraged about removing the body mount bolts. Is that a good thing to be doing?

Dewey7015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door, hardtop, 6 speed.
but how to find a pair? the ace engineering ones come out farther than the enhanced rubi rails...

Flash

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I’m in the same boat and leaning toward the LOD destroyer over Roam. Admittedly I don’t have any experience with either brand, the fact that LOD is one solid piece seems appealing to me.

I’ve sifted through the all the various pages on sliders at least six times and still couldn’t find something that checks every box for me, but both LOD and Roam are close.

Some one set me straight if my assessment is off.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I second this question. Need something functional for my rubicon, but I’m a short guy with a bad knee. Also - how far out does that stick? My work trucks have running boards which stick out so far that you kinda have to use them to get in. Id prefer a good slim spot with good grip for my foot
I have an artificial knee (with a failing implant) and had same concerns as you. I love my Roam side step/ sliders.

as far as if they will hold up to rocks, I have used mine as "sliders" many times putting the entire weight of the Jeep on them, pivoting on them while on rocks, and even dropping down a step / ledge and landing on them. While they did get scraped up needing a paint touch up, they held up great. They did not come into contact with the tub of the jeep, and did not bend. I would not think twice about getting a set.

others (and even me at one point) we're having issues getting in touch with them but since think that may have been growing pains. I have reached out a few times recently and had very quick replies to my questions. I am on the fence about swapping from my MK2 sliders to the newer ones with boat sides, but I like these enough I may do it to try them out. I had a pair on my 2019 JLUR and liked them enough to buy them again for my 2020. They also are great at keeping rocks and mud off the sides of the jeep.

I would stick with the frame mounted ones and not the body mount set.

@ROAM is also on these forums, so you can also reach out if you have specific questions.
E557FB30-E3B4-493B-8D08-73E1067D2150.jpeg

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in the same boat and leaning toward the LOD destroyer over Roam. Admittedly I don’t have any experience with either brand, the fact that LOD is one solid piece seems appealing to me.

I’ve sifted through the all the various pages on sliders at least six times and still couldn’t find something that checks every box for me, but both LOD and Roam are close.

Some one set me straight if my assessment is off.
I liked the larger step areas for the Roam steps, as well as the way the Roam mounts. The install is easier with the brackets being separate from what I have read, and if you do ever damage a bracket it could be replaced in theory vs the LOD that could not.

I am sure LOD is a great product as well, so whatever you buy will be fine. I liked the small detail items with the Roam design and install and that's why I chose them originally. After buying the first set, I was really impressed with them and how well they worked and went with them when I needed another pair. (Got a new Jeep).
Sponsored

Last edited: