Rock Hard 4x4 sliders flat step

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Anyone install these yet on their JL? The site doesn't have a very good pic and would like to see some different angles. I loved my RH4x4 on my 2015 JKU and looks like they added more mounting spots which is great. Not really crazy about the RockHard4x4 cut outs on the top plate. Does it unbolt and come off so it can be painted? https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90105.htm
@ROCK HARD 4X4
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
There’s a thread somewhere where this question was asked. RockHard’s reply was that they can powdercoat the top logo step black like the rest of the slider if you order directly from them and request it that way.

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Worse case they are rivets that need to be drilled out and then paint it. I plan to buy those this spring and not keen on those steps either.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Late to the party, I know, but I have these sitting at home in my basement. When I tried to install, I my front passenger side body mount bolt snapped. Waiting for the guy I trust to free up to get the broken bolt out and get these things installed. They seem extremely sturdy. The step is wide enough to fit my foot on parallel to the slider, probably wide enough to get half your foot on (perpendicular to the slider) when climbing in.

upload_2019-2-5_8-38-58.jpeg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
These are the sliders with the step powder coated black. I ordered directly through RockHard and requested it in the comments. Took a few weeks to receive them.

C80351B8-47CB-42FD-BA6D-B3149CFE5366.jpeg

44B09AA3-899E-4B47-AD39-540A35BC6BF2.jpeg

C00AE318-6235-4EE2-BE4F-FD6D455E936E.jpeg

Sponsored

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Jeep noob those look good. Mine were ordered through northridge and took about a month to receive. I may look into pulling the plates off to have them powder coated or just try to tape them off and paint them with something a bit more grippy.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Jeep noob those look good. Mine were ordered through northridge and took about a month to receive. I may look into pulling the plates off to have them powder coated or just try to tape them off and paint them with something a bit more grippy.
In a thread somewhere here on the forum someone suggested using tread grip tape on the top of the step. You could cover the entire logo plate and use an exacto knife and carefully cut out the lettering. Low key appearance and practical.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@jeepnoob, So, am I reading their installation correctly, they install using the body mount bolts that have been a topic of contention? And do they feel sturdy enough to be used as true sliders? Thanks.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@jeepnoob, So, am I reading their installation correctly, they install using the body mount bolts that have been a topic of contention? And do they feel sturdy enough to be used as true sliders? Thanks.
Yes, they require removing the OEM Rubicon sliders and they mount at the body mounts as well as to the tub and the pinch seam. They are built like a tank, I don’t have any doubts about their sturdiness. Also, the build quality and powder coat are top notch. I haven’t mounted them yet so I can’t personally confirm how good figment is but I haven’t read any complaints. I hope to get them mounted this week.

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yes, they require removing the OEM Rubicon sliders and they mount at the body mounts as well as to the tub and the pinch seam. They are built like a tank, I don’t have any doubts about their sturdiness. Also, the build quality and powder coat are top notch. I haven’t mounted them yet so I can’t personally confirm how good figment is but I haven’t read any complaints. I hope to get them mounted this week.
Ah, the infamous body bolts again!

OP
OP

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Thanks guys, those look really good. If Roam messes around too much longer I may have to cancel and get these instead.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@Jeep noob Please let us know how your install went (especially body bolts) and your impression of how sturdy you think they'll be for some rock crawling.

I may get these as they seem to be built really tough and can handle offloading. I have been looking for tough 2 door sliders which also function as a step and these seem to be the only ones available now. The others are late to the 2 door party.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Jeep noob Please let us know how your install went (especially body bolts) and your impression of how sturdy you think they'll be for some rock crawling.

I may get these as they seem to be built really tough and can handle offloading. I have been looking for tough 2 door sliders which also function as a step and these seem to be the only ones available now. The others are late to the 2 door party.
I installed them Sunday. I didn’t have any problems at all with the difficult bolts. Came right out. I used a pneumatic impact gun to break them loose a turn or two, then a socket and 24” breaker bar turning slowly about a half a turn at a time. A couple of times I felt resistance increasing, I reversed and tightened it up a turn or two then back out. That’s it. I did have to slightly bore out one of the pinch weld holes but that wasn’t a problem. Attachment is as strong as it could possibly be. Fitment is excellent. They are very sturdy and solid. Welds look perfect.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Installed these a couple of weeks ago. Decided on leaving the inserts silver, like the contrast against the black. In the future, may have them powder coated red to match the other accents on the jeep but we will see as my theory is that since they are tread plates the powder coat will wear over time revealing the silver anyways so might as well leave them alone. Have yet to test them for their durability, that may come next week with a little tougher trail. Install was fairly easy, like the rest of the posters, have some issues with some of the body bolts but patience allowed me to get them out, recommend using a 5 point socket vice 22 point as the 5 will grip better, 22 slipped a few times on me.
Sponsored