Rock Sliders and Side Step

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Ace Engineering Rock Sliders installed on Rubicon JLU. They attach to body bolts and do not require removing rock rails. Works well as side steps.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I like the looks and dual functionality of the ace sliders. Just ordered them from Northridge 4x4 using the promo code in this thread. I just need to make sure my family & friends don't slip on them in wet weather. Do any of you know of solutions to this? Below are two I'm considering...

Grip Tape ... a 2" strip centered on the top of the rail.
https://www.amazon.com/Tape-King-An...UTF8&qid=1519103394&sr=8-4&keywords=grip+tape

AntiSlip Rust-Oleum spray might work well too.
https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-2...id=1519104761&sr=8-3&keywords=anti+slip+spray
Has anybody tried putting grip tape on the Ace sliders? Wife is finding that stepping down off of the sliders is more challenging with snow/ice on them. If anyone has grip tape on, can you please post a pic? Thanks in advance.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
i did on my old sliders easy peasy just get the heavy duty stuff from home depo.

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I put these on

B8E91699-FD75-4712-A168-98FEC331A823.png

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody tried putting grip tape on the Ace sliders? Wife is finding that stepping down off of the sliders is more challenging with snow/ice on them. If anyone has grip tape on, can you please post a pic? Thanks in advance.
I bought the tape, but never used it. I got the Ace sliders in the winter and had no issues with slipping. The paint texture helps with traction a bit. I make sure to step on them squarely since they're round, and I also always were rubber-soled shoes. I could see how ladies shoes might not grip as well.

For off-roading, the Ace sliders are awesome! They protected the body of my JL several times and only have minor scuffs themselves. A guy with a more distinct step type had one of the steps knocked off by a rock.
Sponsored