Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Go to Walmart and get one of these collapsable steps. Wife loves it. Had nerf steps and sold them cause got hung up. Was looking at mechanical steps but surely they would get damaged. Going to get poison Spyder Rocker knockers. This step is best of both worlds except you do have to put on back of jeep for her.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sliders or Steps IMG_4034.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Sliders or Steps IMG_4035.JPG
Sponsored

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
Go to Walmart and get one of these collapsable steps. Wife loves it. Had nerf steps and sold them cause got hung up. Was looking at mechanical steps but surely they would get damaged. Going to get poison Spyder Rocker knockers. This step is best of both worlds except you do have to put on back of jeep for her.
That’s what my dad does with his Tacoma so my mom can get in the truck. Lol!

OP
OP
Martial Fartist

Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the ideas.
Any thoughts on those that are a little cheaper? Under $500

You guys rock.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
What’s the weight limit on one of those? I have a very fat “disabled“ “sister” who could use that, as she slide out and off the seat to get out. Really starting to show some wear over there…

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the weight limit on one of those? I have a very fat “disabled“ “sister” who could use that, as she slide out and off the seat to get out. Really starting to show some wear over there…
lo I use it to was the top of my jeep. I am 225 no problem. Doubt it would prevent her from sliding off seat though..

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
lo I use it to was the top of my jeep. I am 225 no problem. Doubt it would prevent her from sliding off seat though..
She’s north of 300… It’s a snug fit over there.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
That’s what my dad does with his Tacoma so my mom can get in the truck. Lol!
Sadly this is what I might be looking at for both my wife and myself. Depending on lift and tire size of course.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly this is what I might be looking at for both my wife and myself. Depending on lift and tire size of course.
You should be fine, just grab handle and pull yourself up. Some women lack upper body strength and can't pull themselves up. My wife shoulders started hurting from pulling herself in hence the step. And I am on 35's, wait till I get 37's

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
IMO, the "steps" offer by most sliders add no functional value, and only create an additonal ledge you have to clear when you get out. Unless you can get one with a step that is greater than 8 inches below the height of the sill, you would be better off not using anything.

I would stick to true sliders, or (better yet) the stock rubi rails. If you want fixed steps (i.e. not the automatic rockers), then I believe Poison Spyder and LOD Armor Lite offer removable steps in case you feel the need to slide at some point in the future.
My 5’1“ wife disagrees. The roam frame mounted slider/steps we have “work“ for her. according To her, they “greatly” help her get into and out of my unlifted rubicon.
Sponsored