Sponsored

Sky One-Touch... Still Leaking

Nology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I'm headed back to the dealer once again to try and get the leaks to stop. Right now it's leaking in all 4 corners and somehow through the rear window. They fixed the front passenger side leak but it's started up once again. The rear just keeps getting worse. The bizarre leak appears to be coming from the actual window like it's missing some sealing inside somewhere.

Are there any fixes for this or do I just keep going back to the dealer?

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I'm headed back to the dealer once again to try and get the leaks to stop. Right now it's leaking in all 4 corners and somehow through the rear window. They fixed the front passenger side leak but it's started up once again. The rear just keeps getting worse. The bizarre leak appears to be coming from the actual window like it's missing some sealing inside somewhere.

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG
I might suggest taking it to a different dealer. Most dealers make much of their income on factory warranty work.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

I am so sorry to see this! If you would like an extra layer or assistance while your Jeep is in for service, please feel free to send us a private message. We are more than happy to connect you with a case manager so they can assist you further.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

Nology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
A quick update... I've switched dealers and found a more competent dealer that's unfortunately around 45 minutes away from me. They've had my Jeep for around 2 weeks now and they're still ordering parts and trying to stop the top from leaking.

They also claimed to have fixed the replacement radio from locking up as well.

I'll update here with the progress and what was done once I know more.

I've only had the Jeep for around 4 months and so far it's spent a total of just over 3 weeks at a dealer being repaired. I love making payments on a vehicle I don't even have.

mbenoit77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Did your problem ever get fixed? Iā€™m having the same issue. Theyā€™ve changed the seal from front to back several times. Now they have ordered a new seal for the back since I have practically the same pic as yours. Iā€™m hoping they fix my leaking roof issue. Itā€™s been in 8 times in less than a year and Iā€™m frustrated.

Sponsored

VeroV

First Name
Veronica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020
Did your problem ever get fixed? Iā€™m having the same issue. Theyā€™ve changed the seal from front to back several times. Now they have ordered a new seal for the back since I have practically the same pic as yours. Iā€™m hoping they fix my leaking roof issue. Itā€™s been in 8 times in less than a year and Iā€™m frustrated.
OMG what a nitemare!!! its 4am and I am reading all these posts just like mine.... we all have the same leaks. these tops are just pretty but they are noooo good.... I took mine in once and also it was returned with same leak and just glue all over the place.... I am scared to take it to the same place again. And also I dont want to be car-less for over two weeks!!!

mbenoit77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
OMG what a nitemare!!! its 4am and I am reading all these posts just like mine.... we all have the same leaks. these tops are just pretty but they are noooo good.... I took mine in once and also it was returned with same leak and just glue all over the place.... I am scared to take it to the same place again. And also I dont want to be car-less for over two weeks!!!
The update on mine...
The dealer had my Jeep a total of 8 weeks this summer. Itā€™s a good thing they gave me a rental. I picked it up on a rainy day and it seemed to rain for 2-3 weeks straight. My Jeep is dry!!!!!!! I peak through the windows before opening the door because Iā€™m always nervous that it didnā€™t hold up. Patience is needed I guess. Good luck with yours.
Sponsored