PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
First - I love my Sky One Touch!

The one minor down side is super cold days. When I say super cold - I mean 5 degrees or colder ambient temp. I live in Milwaukee and I found when it got that cold I had to keep the heat cranking and seat heaters on to stay comfortable.

To remedy this, a hot head liner insert could solve this problem.

Hot Headliners is based in Boise, ID. If they could get there hands on JL with Sky One Touch for a few days they could build a prototype insert. Wouldn’t that be amazing?

Let me know if you are in the Boise area and I’ll make the connection.

Also feel free to chime in if you think an insert would be amazing for the winter months!

Cheers,

Ryan
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.

The one minor down side is super cold days. When I say super cold - I mean 5 degrees or colder ambient temp. I live in Milwaukee and I found when it got that cold I had to keep the heat cranking and seat heaters on to stay comfortable.

Hot Headliners is based in Boise, ID. If they could get there hands on JL with Sky One Touch for a few days they could build a prototype insert. Wouldn’t that be amazing?

Also feel free to chime in if you think an insert would be amazing for the winter months!

Cheers,

Ryan
Just spit balling here. I imagine you could probably just use a large piece of cardboard, cover it with some fabric and some fiber fill. Set it between the toll bar and the one touch.

I’m not sure how much clearance there is from the one touch and the roll bar.

Alternatively you could get something like a spidershade and if there is enough clearance just put a thin quilt on top of it between the shade and the one touch.

That might actually be the better route as the spider shade would have use in the summer and you can go crazy picking a silly blanket design.

I plan on a one touch and if I see enough clearance and get cold I might do the spider shade blanket idea.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Cheers,

Ryan
Ryan, help me to help you. Are there four attachment points in each corner of the Power top, either expressly there or that can be juryrigged?

I ask because if so, a moving blanket and/or mesh tarp from Harbor Freight, a scissor (to cut fabric to size), hammer (for the) and grommet kit from Harbor Freight would allow for a sound/heat retention headliner or sun mesh in the summer of your own cheaper making.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Anyone find an aftermarket option for these yet? I spoke to Hotheadliners and was told no regarding the SOT rear windows liner.

OP
OP
PullmeSideways1341

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone find an aftermarket option for these yet? I spoke to Hotheadliners and was told no regarding the SOT rear windows liner.
I haven't come across anything yet, likely the market is too small for anyone to take on the cost of design and inventory.

This is where I "wish" Mopar would take the lead to support one of their new products. The biggest drawback to SOT is the highway noise and limited heat retention in the coldest month. These are all solid tradeoffs when the weather is nice for the functionality of SOT.

Through solving the winter challenge and or road trip challenge, this would move SOT from good to great!

Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I am very interested in this as well! I love my SOT, but wish it was quieter when I was on road trips on the freeway. At 80+ miles an hour it’s pretty loud. I’m hoping someone (listen Mopar or Hotheadliners!) will come up with something that either retracts with the SOT (ideal) or can easily be pulled back for at least the front seats. In the meantime, I was thinking of getting a mesh top and putting some Dynomatt on it. Has ante tried anything like that?

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I wish someone made a 3 piece glass sliding roof conversion.
Either headliner or glass should’ve come from the factory. This is a too poorly finished interior.

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE, Tesla M3LR, Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Management Consultant/Small Business Owner
Easy DIY.

Are their enough SOT owners who want to soften their Wrangler to make a commercial product profitable?

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I haven't come across anything yet, likely the market is too small for anyone to take on the cost of design and inventory.

This is where I "wish" Mopar would take the lead to support one of their new products. The biggest drawback to SOT is the highway noise and limited heat retention in the coldest month. These are all solid tradeoffs when the weather is nice for the functionality of SOT.

Through solving the winter challenge and or road trip challenge, this would move SOT from good to great!
The only time I really find it loud is stuck beside a large truck, or going under overpasses. The heat loss in the winter didn’t seem bad either. Had a couple of -30c days this winter as well. I usually wind up driving with my jacket undone.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hey Everyone,

We're currently working on headliner prototypes for the SOT. Once we are happy with our final product, we will let everyone on here know when they are ready to ship out- just make sure you're watching our dedicated forum.

-Mark

Sponsored

OP
OP
PullmeSideways1341

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey Everyone,

We're currently working on headliner prototypes for the SOT. Once we are happy with our final product, we will let everyone on here know when they are ready to ship out- just make sure you're watching our dedicated forum.

-Mark
this is amazing news!!! Thanks so much for the support. I know it’ll be an amazing product!!

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Well if HotHead is working on something I'm just going to wait to see what they come up with before I go down the road of having something made.
I had an idea of getting some sound deadening mat and taking it to an upholstery shop to have them encase it in a weatherproof type of material then sew straps to the sides so that I could attach it to the roll bar at multiple points. The drawback being you wouldn't really be able to utilize the top when it's attached but for long road trips or when it's cold and rainy, it would be a benefit.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Wanted to share an update - we have some pretty good things in the works and are hoping to finalize something for the SOT, soon.

-Mark

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
You can add me to the list, def want one.
Hi,
We just got the Sky One-Touch Headliners on our website for sale. Orders will start shipping out on Monday and we should have more pics & videos up by then. We just wanted to give the people that have been waiting the first opportunity to order.
If you have any questions please let us know.
Hothead Headliners
https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sky-one-touch-headliner?variant=32640499843138 (Link to order page on our website)
Www.HotheadHeadliners.com

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One Touch Headliner? Sky Onetouch Black
Sponsored