Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Looks great
The spare tire doesnt clear the bumper it rubs when open/close..yours?

It does ride little different and slight loss of oomph @ lower rpm

Does the lift change the ride anymore than this?

I set to 38psi, came @ 30psi

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
The spare tire doesnt clear the bumper it rubs when open/close..yours?

It does ride little different and slight loss of oomph @ lower rpm

Does the lift change the ride anymore than this?

I set to 38psi, came @ 30psi
Hey
I have the Mopar tire carrier reinforcement bracket, larger tire and taillight kit.
No problems with mine
When running 38psi you will have a softer ride, your mpg will go down compared to running them at 42psi.
You will need to take itmin and have the computer changed for 35” tires and the lift to fix the power loss and have it shift correctly. I think the dealership charges $125 to do this.
It is a must do!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hey
I have the Mopar tire carrier reinforcement bracket, larger tire and taillight kit.
No problems with mine
When running 38psi you will have a softer ride, your mpg will go down compared to running them at 42psi.
You will need to take itmin and have the computer changed for 35” tires and the lift to fix the power loss and have it shift correctly. I think the dealership charges $125 to do this.
It is a must do!
What exactly do they change to fix the shifting? Will I cause any damage for the meantime until I can get it in ?

Hesitant to go 40+ psi due to pre-wear of tires...is the recommended 37psi from factory for all tire sizes or just 35's?

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
What exactly do they change to fix the shifting? Will I cause any damage for the meantime until I can get it in ?

Hesitant to go 40+ psi due to pre-wear of tires...is the recommended 37psi from factory for all tire sizes or just 35's?
33's**

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker

When you lift a vehicle and install larger tires you normally have to change the gears to accommodate this. You also need to change the computer to tell the transmission when to shif.
By doing the computer change it tells the transmission to shit correctly with the larger tires and lift. Every time you go up or down in size you need to have the computer changed.
You won’t really hurt anything by not doing this except your not shifting correctly and lose power and MPG.

On the tires, most 35” tires say max 36psi, at least all the ones I have had.

A buddy of mine has been running 42psi in his JK for years to help with the MPG.
We did a test a month ago where I ran 36psi out to the trail and 42 psi home and hands down I averaged 3-4 more miles per gallon at 42psi. This increases my range between 60-80 more miles per tank. At a saving of $14-$18 per tank
For someone like myself who will go through 4-5 tanks of fuel per trip I’m saving around $100 per trip just in fuel. Times this by 80 trips I did last year and it adds up to a chunk of change in just fuel saving.

I do notice the ride being a lot harsher at 42psi vs 36psi.

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
When you lift a vehicle and install larger tires you normally have to change the gears to accommodate this. You also need to change the computer to tell the transmission when to shif.
By doing the computer change it tells the transmission to shit correctly with the larger tires and lift. Every time you go up or down in size you need to have the computer changed.
You won’t really hurt anything by not doing this except your not shifting correctly and lose power and MPG.

On the tires, most 35” tires say max 36psi, at least all the ones I have had.

A buddy of mine has been running 42psi in his JK for years to help with the MPG.
We did a test a month ago where I ran 36psi out to the trail and 42 psi home and hands down I averaged 3-4 more miles per gallon at 42psi. This increases my range between 60-80 more miles per tank. At a saving of $14-$18 per tank
For someone like myself who will go through 4-5 tanks of fuel per trip I’m saving around $100 per trip just in fuel. Times this by 80 trips I did last year and it adds up to a chunk of change in just fuel saving.

I do notice the ride being a lot harsher at 42psi vs 36psi.
"computer change it tells the transmission to shit correctly with the larger tires"

I'm guessing you meant shift...

Thanks for the info bud, 35's on a rubicon I would guess dont need gear changing...calling my dealership today on comp reprogramming

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
"computer change it tells the transmission to shit correctly with the larger tires"

I'm guessing you meant shift...

Thanks for the info bud, 35's on a rubicon I would guess dont need gear changing...calling my dealership today on comp reprogramming
I am running Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT315 /70 R17. Just a few thoughts:

1) I installed the tailgate reinforcement since it is a much heavier tire. My tire also rests on the back bumper a little, but I feel like it helps take some of the weight of the hinges when closed.
2) Be careful that you aren't wearing the tread unevenly when running at a higher PSI. I have to run mine between 30-33 psi to get even contact across the tread.
3) I would recommend just getting a flashcal and programming it for larger tires yourself. It's only a 1 time cost of $250 and you can even set the tpms warning light to chill out when it gets below 29psi. I set mine to warn me at 22.. and I turn it off entirely when I am off road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I am running Cooper Discoverer STT Pro LT315 /70 R17. Just a few thoughts:

1) I installed the tailgate reinforcement since it is a much heavier tire. My tire also rests on the back bumper a little, but I feel like it helps take some of the weight of the hinges when closed.
2) Be careful that you aren't wearing the tread unevenly when running at a higher PSI. I have to run mine between 30-33 psi to get even contact across the tread.
3) I would recommend just getting a flashcal and programming it for larger tires yourself. It's only a 1 time cost of $250 and you can even set the tpms warning light to chill out when it gets below 29psi. I set mine to warn me at 22.. and I turn it off entirely when I am off road.
Very good point on #1!!

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
my first major mod - Gobi Rack. Took a little bit to get it on because the designers assumed the rear bumper assembly on a Sahara was the same as that of the Rubicon. I called them and sent pics,they fabricated pieces to fit and shipped to me in about 3 days - the folks at Gobi were great. I still need to mount the ladders and wind defelctor, hopefully will get to that next weekend.

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
my first major mod - Gobi Rack. Took a little bit to get it on because the designers assumed the rear bumper assembly on a Sahara was the same as that of the Rubicon. I called them and sent pics,they fabricated pieces to fit and shipped to me in about 3 days - the folks at Gobi were great. I still need to mount the ladders and wind defelctor, hopefully will get to that next weekend.

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG
man that rack looks awesome. nice addition!

but if Manhattan isn't your own business, you gotta take that dealer logo off...like yesterday.

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
man that rack looks awesome. nice addition!

but if Manhattan isn't your own business, you gotta take that dealer logo off...like yesterday.
Told my dealer if I see one dealer tag on my new Jeep there would be hell to pay
Sponsored