SG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 430i, Acura MDX, 2 Hyundai Tuscons, JL Willys
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would post a quick review of Seat Jackers by Desert Does It. I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and found my JL 2 door very uncomfortable to drive with no thigh support. I considered seat extenders but I did not get verification they would work in a 2 door. I was also concerned that if I extended to far, my arms would not be comfortable reaching for the steering wheel (I currently have it at full telescope and it's perfect). Thus, I purchased the Seat Jackers.

The Seat Jackers that I used were the adjustable version that includes the .75 inch block with the additional .25 inch top plate for a full 1 inch lift. According the fit guide on their site, they recommended the fixed front seat jackers but I did not want to go that high in case other family members wanted to drive the Jeep. It turns out, the adjustable work just fine. I was actually skeptical when making the purchase, but once I got them installed, I knew immediately that they solved the problem! I highly recommend these for tall drivers. I still have head room, but having an average length torso, I did not have a head room problem to begin with. It should be noted that I keep the seat in the lowest position.

A couple of negatives are:
1. The instructions. I found them poorly written and incorrect at one step. There were also no specific videos available for the "Seat Jackers".
2. The inner block next to the transmission tunnel could have been machined better to fit the new tilt angle of the seat rails. That said, they seem to work.

I know that some forum members here are using washers and for them that has worked very well. That said, if you are not a DIY person and want a fairly inexpensive solution to a big problem, this could be it.
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I can't wait to try them! Thanks for the info

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I don't even have my Jeep yet and I know I will need something. We have similar dimensions, so your review is very helpful.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I don't even have my Jeep yet and I know I will need something. We have similar dimensions, so your review is very helpful.

Same here, mines on order 186 days now and I already have my Seat Jackers in waiting for it

openingshok

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Grand Cherokee Limited X | 2024 JLUR 2.0T AT
Occupation
Headshot Photographer
I am 6’ with a 32” inseam, the outside of the fixed jacker limit. I purchased and installed the fixed and found it was a tad too much. With a manual tranny I couldn’t rest my heel on the floor while shifting. I sent them back and replaced with the adjustable. With the spacer block installed it is a perfect fit. HUGE difference.

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I have them in both hers and mine. Huge difference in comfort, especially long haul. I am 5'10" with a 32 inseam and the fixed jackers work great.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
1.25"
Sponsored