Sponsored

Running a soft top all winter?

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I did with my 2007 JK, had no issues, kinda miss the rear wiper at times in rain or slush, but did not have a backup camera, now with backup running soft top should be easy, hard top does nothing for internal warmth, oh right soft top is easier to clean snow, just jump in and bang the fabric, no standing in the cold scraping ice.
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I ordered a two door, so no dual top option. I went with the premium soft top. I had some of the concerns with no rear defroster, but I do think the back up camera alleviates some of those concerns. Obviously there are road noise, wind noise concerns also, but those are present in a hard top as well. Only reason I could see for the hard top is for security, but, its a second car for me, and most places I plan on going aren't a concern (although anything can happen anywhere). I'll also limit what I store in the Jeep. I am concerned how the soft top will hold up in extremely wind conditions (windy winter storms/hail/thunder), but I guess time will tell.
Smashing the rear glass is "quieter" than slashing the soft top, and the alarm is no wiser the glass was smashed.

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
That doesn't scratch the shit out of the windows? All the soft touch ones around here have high pressure rinse anyway.
Windows look perfect. It is a really high quality wash though, and brand new. I called their corporate and local to make sure it was safe first
Sponsored