Bugan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0 Turbo
Hello all,
Want to know the pros and cons on the Rugged Ridge high/low Snorkel?
Is it worth it for the cooler air intake?
Worth it for what it states it does?

not planning In forging any water that deep that it would need it.
Issues you all see or foresee with it?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I am of the opinion that snorkels are not necessary for most. I hear the arguments that they are better in dusty environments. I know when we are trail riding in dusty environments, the dust is everywhere, snorkel height included.

If you are doing water crossings and you have a snorkel kit that makes the air box water proof, I can see some validity in that.

But there are plenty of other items under the hood about air box height that are not water proof. Alternator, batteries, fuses, ECM, etc.

For me personally, I really see little to no benefit other than making onesā€™s wallet or purse lighter. Just my thoughts, Iā€™m sure others will offer theirs.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
What I'd like to know is if they're going to make `em for the diesel. Hmmmmm?

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look of the rugged ridge snorkel. Mine is custom painted and looks cool. You also can hear the engine better. Downside is the plastic under the hood doesnā€™t always keep shape and is not water tight in some places. The cost is also ridiculous for quality and what you get. I got my snorkel for over 1/2 off because of a pricing mistake on a well known website. Almost ordered two but I knew it was a mistake and didnā€™t want to get greedy.
IMO if you want to over pay to look cool go for it. But if you want a snorkel to get wet itā€™s a gamble with it without a snorkel. I also would have other concerns when ā€œGoing down in the deepā€ with the Jeep. Iā€™ve crossed ā€˜1-ā€˜1.5 ft of water and thatā€™s good enough for me.
Sponsored