Not open for further replies.

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
The openings in the Rugged Ridge duct system weren't all uniform size. I guess its to make sure the inserts don't slide around and come loose.

Not sure why the rivets, the 3D print doesn't require them at all. Whatever works though.
Sponsored

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
That's such bullshit. As soon as you tighten the clamps down, regardless of position, you can tell it will collapse.
Try it out without the 3d printed parts though for sure. I don't suggest you tighten clamps very much.

No way. Once I install this, I don't want to work on it again. Ever. I'm sure you're right, it makes sense, especially when the plastic warms up. A thicker lip around the inlets would probably cure the problem totally, or a thin rib structure. Injection molds are expensive, so Rugged Ridge would need to invest some $$$ in a redesign ... though that could be less expensive than shipping the metal brackets someone included in a post.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
I received a different response from Rugged Ridge when I reached out.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 12.56.26 PM.png
That’s weird. The rep I spoke to just asked for pictures of the deformed inlet, then sent me a new inlet and reinforcement no questions asked. Not sure why different reps are giving different answers.

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Here is the new Rugged Ridge JL/JT snorkel kit we just installed on some of our SEMA Jeeps. Theres no cutting involved, approx 30 min install. We opted for the high mount, but the kit also offers the low mount intake.

We are taking pre-orders today at www.doetschoffroad.com it will be on the site this afternoon.

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Kit Jeep JL Wrangler1.jpg

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Kit Jeep JL Wrangler2.jpg

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Kit Jeep JL Wrangler3.jpg

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Kit Jeep JL Wrangler4.jpg

Rugged Ridge Snorkel Kit Jeep JL Wrangler.jpg
Did you have to trim the rubber sleeves? I haven't, but it doesn't look like they are going to fit in my install (see pics).

SnorkelTightFit.JPG

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Did you have to trim the rubber sleeves? I haven't, but it doesn't look like they are going to fit in my install (see pics).

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL/JT Snorkel kit installed SnorkelTightFit.JPG
No trimming required. They'll fit. I suggest you run the hose under some very hot water before trying to fit them on. They're super tight on first install.

Sponsored

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
No trimming required. They'll fit. I suggest you run the hose under some very hot water before trying to fit them on. They're super tight on first install.

Yup, perfect. It was cold outside and the sleeves were rigid. Thanks for the suggestion. đź‘Ť

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL/JT Snorkel kit installed SnorkelDuctFit.PNG

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Here is the new Rugged Ridge JL/JT snorkel kit we just installed on some of our SEMA Jeeps. Theres no cutting involved, approx 30 min install. We opted for the high mount, but the kit also offers the low mount intake.

We are taking pre-orders today at www.doetschoffroad.com it will be on the site this afternoon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge JL/JT Snorkel kit installed SnorkelInstalled.PNG

Any plans to do a diesel version, ensuring the tube up top is off the windshield enough to run a circular pre-filter?

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any plans to do a diesel version, ensuring the tube up top is off the windshield enough to run a circular pre-filter?
Not sure who you're asking. Rugged Ridge isn't here.
In saying that, there is a pre filter add on for it already. Not sure why that would be required for a diesel though. It would be fine with the 2 intakes the AMFIB comes with.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Not sure why the rivets, the 3D print doesn't require them at all. Whatever works though.
Yes, I was wondering why the rivets. My 3D printed parts I had made in Mexico for that $80 fit perfectly, although 1 of the 4 was so tight I had to sand it a little bit to fit (the instructions were exactly correct on what to specify on how to make them on infill, etc). There is a lip that prevents it from sliding around. Hasn't collapsed since I installed it.

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Yes, I was wondering why the rivets. My 3D printed parts I had made in Mexico for that $80 fit perfectly, although 1 of the 4 was so tight I had to sand it a little bit to fit (the instructions were exactly correct on what to specify on how to make them on infill, etc). There is a lip that prevents it from sliding around. Hasn't collapsed since I installed it.
The lip prevents it from sliding inward, but there is no lip to prevent it from sliding forward.

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Hose and clamp attached and nothing moves.
I could describe a couple of scenarios where it could pop out within the clamp but its not necessary. No harm either way. Whether the rivets are necessary is about as debatable as whether a snorkel itself should be installed or what size wheels match best with what lift height. I saw the other link and I wondered about the extra material on the excessive grid pattern blocking more air, preferring less obstruction and a better design. The rivets don't have to be used, but you can't do anything about the extra material in that other design. For what its worth.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 6.49.04 PM.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.