Not open for further replies.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I could describe a couple of scenarios where it could pop out within the clamp but its not necessary. No harm either way. Whether the rivets are necessary is about as debatable as whether a snorkel itself should be installed or what size wheels match best with what lift height. I saw the other link and I wondered about the extra material on the excessive grid pattern blocking more air, preferring less obstruction and a better design. The rivets don't have to be used, but you can't do anything about the extra material in that other design. For what its worth.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 6.49.04 PM.png
Yes, I DO very much like your less obstructed air flow here. However, I have yet to have a problem in 8 or so months of running it with those. I also use a cyclone intake instead of the ram scoop.

I just remember how hard it was to set the rivets when I installed my hood lock, that I try to avoid rivets. I have not yet installed my Hauk tree limb windshield saver steel cables that require a rivet in the windshield area - ideally those would connect to a light bar mount instead, but I don't see how to do that with the Rugged Ridge snorkel installed where such a mount would bolt on.
Sponsored

maj-gladiator

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Yes, I DO very much like your less obstructed air flow here. However, I have yet to have a problem in 8 or so months of running it with those. I also use a cyclone intake instead of the ram scoop.

I just remember how hard it was to set the rivets when I installed my hood lock, that I try to avoid rivets. I have not yet installed my Hauk tree limb windshield saver steel cables that require a rivet in the windshield area - ideally those would connect to a light bar mount instead, but I don't see how to do that with the Rugged Ridge snorkel installed where such a mount would bolt on.
Understood and agree, rivets can be a PIA. Have fun, Jeep safely. Loving the audible growl with the snorkel, btw!

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Am I missing it, or is there anybody selling these 3D parts for those of us that don’t have a printer?

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Am I missing it, or is there anybody selling these 3D parts for those of us that don’t have a printer?
Read higher up in the discussion where Clay has the parts posted on a 3D printer website. You can have them made by various companies directly from there - that's what I did, since my 3D printer couldn't handle the right type of material (remember it's hot under an engine).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.