Rugged Ridge LED DRL's

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I learnt about these recently. Rugged Ridge has plans to release DRL/turn signal lights for the Wrangler. They are not yet ready for sale but a few people have been testing a pre-production version. They provide more space between the fender and the wheels which will reduce rubbing.

From what I have read, they will be introducing a set for the Rubicons first. A version for the Sport and Sahara will be released afterwards.

I like them. Let me have your thoughts.

They are also planning to release a set of chopped fenders which include the DLR/turn signal lights.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-...term=gladiator&utm_content=jt-fender-chop-jt6

This is a bolt on solution. No need to cut or splice anything.
Nice.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This version just offers a more streamlined look to the fender lighting and appeals to someone who isn't looking to replace the fender liners, but increased tire to fender clearance requires getting rid of the bottom half of the fender and getting a set of liners that are designed for the chop.

I still prefer the original version from AAL.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge LED DRL's 20200424_182659

OP
OP

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
They do look similar to those from AAL.

The installation steps with this pre-production model include cutting the bottom part of the fender. This creates the additional space between the tire and the fender.

I have seen 2 install videos where they retained the factory fender liners. That doesn't seem to be an issue.

Many of the after market fender flares are narrow. Good for the trail but not so good in places where the tires should not extend past the fenders.

I prefer this look over the factory fenders and lights.
Sponsored