arod0915

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Hello, first time posting on the Forum.

I recently completed the Rugged Ridge Fender Chop with DRLs on a 2020 Rubicon that does not have the LED option from factory. I have seen this mod accomplished on several YouTube channels and it seemed straight forward, plug in the harness and your done. The harness received in my kit has an inline relay for each DRL with instruction to connect a certain way depending on the Vehicles configuration, Factory LED, Standard Non-LED, and LED without Switchback. As previously stated my Vehicle is a Non-LED Rubicon so I connected per the instructions , the DRL's do not illuminate when the vehicle is on unless the Light Control switch is in an ON position. I called Rugged Ridge and after 3 weeks of getting the run around a tech told me today that I need to flash the ECU to activate the LED DRL? That makes no sense since the DRL feature worked fine prior to the mod and they have a specific connection for Non-LED Vehicles.

1) Has anyone installed the Rugged Ridge DRLs with the Rely in the harness and is having this issue?
2) Does anyone know what connection will bypass the relay?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, I have attached a picture of the Harness and the Rugged Ridge termination sheet for reference.

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Any updates on this? I have a set of these brackets on order for my JLUR (same as yours), and I'm curious if I'm going to have any issues going from halogen to LED DRL's.

OP
OP
arod0915

arod0915

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Any updates on this? I have a set of these brackets on order for my JLUR (same as yours), and I'm curious if I'm going to have any issues going from halogen to LED DRL's.
Chris, unfortunately your the first person to respond to the thread and I am done dealing with Rugged Ridge. I have been meaning to reconnect the lights and see if that helps but have not had the time. Right now they work fine as turn signals and when the headlamps are on they illuminate like advertised, but as DRLs they are still INOP. If I get any additional info or fine a fix I will update the post. Good luck and hopefully your lights will not come with the Relay!

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Chris, unfortunately your the first person to respond to the thread and I am done dealing with Rugged Ridge. I have been meaning to reconnect the lights and see if that helps but have not had the time. Right now they work fine as turn signals and when the headlamps are on they illuminate like advertised, but as DRLs they are still INOP. If I get any additional info or fine a fix I will update the post. Good luck and hopefully your lights will not come with the Relay!
Thanks for the reply. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, and the order still said it was pending. I emailed them a couple of times with no response, so I finally called this morning. I was told that there is no ETA on my brackets because the materials are back-ordered indefinitely. I ended up canceling my order, and I'm going to go with the chop brackets from American Adventure Lab. Hopefully, you can find some sort of resolution to the issues you're having.

OP
OP
arod0915

arod0915

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Thanks for the reply. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, and the order still said it was pending. I emailed them a couple of times with no response, so I finally called this morning. I was told that there is no ETA on my brackets because the materials are back-ordered indefinitely. I ended up canceling my order, and I'm going to go with the chop brackets from American Adventure Lab. Hopefully, you can find some sort of resolution to the issues you're having.
Good luck with the Adventure Lab set up, I've heard good things about their product.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
12-15 weeks back ordered FYI. Cancelled after 10 weeks and went with Quake LEDs. I’ll let you know how I like them after install next week.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Good luck with the Adventure Lab set up, I've heard good things about their product.
I look the physical look of these Rugged Ridge units but the lack of support and problems your having making me satisfied I chose Quake.

OP
OP
arod0915

arod0915

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Hello Josiah, I am not unhappy with the actual units or the installation of the support structure. The Rugged Ridge units have held up well so far. My only issue is with the Electrical connection and their lack of support. Anyways, good luck and I may have to look into an alternate light eventually if I cannot get the DRL's to work properly.

IMG_0443.JPG

920Jeep

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler
Hello Josiah, I am not unhappy with the actual units or the installation of the support structure. The Rugged Ridge units have held up well so far. My only issue is with the Electrical connection and their lack of support. Anyways, good luck and I may have to look into an alternate light eventually if I cannot get the DRL's to work properly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge DRL Relay Issue IMG_0443.JPG
Hey I just got these in and I’m having the same issue. Did you find out what the problem was?

OP
OP
arod0915

arod0915

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Hello Felipe, sorry for the delay in responding. I actually got the DRL's to work but I had to use the OBD JSCAN app and a blue tooth OBD transmitter to activate the LED DRL Fnction, which is not how the lights are advertised. Anyways, I actually activated the Amber portion LEDs which look good as a DRL and it is different from most. When the lights are on the DRLs light up white as they should. I didn't change any wiring which I thought was strange but somehow it works. Good Luck!
Sponsored