Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rvgreenboard.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR with Sky Top
Occupation
Retired Navy Commander
What's the difference between frame and body mount?
mounting locations, the frame mount has 4 brackets that mounts directly to frame, more heavy duty but you need it to sit further from the body to ensure it doesn't contact body when rock crawling and flexing frame. The body mounts have three mounts similar to how the stock Rubicon rails mount using the seam weld and body attachment points. If you search the different ROAM threads, you can get an idea of the differences, cost is higher by $100 for the frame mount and it has a more durable finish. Hope this helps. I try not to balance my jeep off rocks when doing trails so body mounts works for me and how I use it.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Any pics of where you got into the cab for these?
Similar project just lights no rails yet.

Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
I did this.

Works great. However, when I dim the interior lights, at night, my footwell light comes on very low. That also turns on the exterior white lights, on the rails, while driving.

I’ll probably just wire to the overhead dome light.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've wired both the lights on my ROAM slider/steps and two rock lights (which I mounted on the bottom of the side mirrors) to the interior circuit, and I've had no issues. I really like how the step lights automatically illuminate when I unlock the door and/or exit. Plus, it's kinda cool how they slowly fade down when they turn off... My rock lights came in a package of 10 (and there's no way I needed 10 lights under a 2 door), so I used two for some side illumination.

tumblr_ppvtzeWuIy1tkp167o1_1280.jpg

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Where did you gain interior access to connect to interior courtesy lights?

Looks awesome and exactly what I'm a doin just no rails yet.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you gain interior access to connect to interior courtesy lights?
Looks awesome and exactly what I'm a doin just no rails yet.
For both my step lights and my amp, I used the existing floor plugs to gain access to the interior. For the amp, I fitted the heavy gauge power wire through one of the rear plugs (used an awl to create a small hole, and then forced the cable through- still watertight, and I'm not going to be removing that plug very often).

For the lights, I came up through the front driver's plug. I used a rotary file to hollow out a little more space, lined that space with heavy rubber tape (to keep the cord from fraying) then ran the wire through the depression and covered it with rubber tape again until the depression is flush to where it was (so the plug is still watertight). I then took a heavy black tape (like a hybrid between gaffer's tape and duct tape) to tape the entire length down to the floor under the carpet. I then spliced into the wire that feeds the footwell light (you have to get the correct one or the lights will be on all the time when the Jeep is running- I think it is the yellow/white wire, but I'd have to check).

Last edited:

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I have the Roam steps set with the Oznium lights, and ready to go on Rubi but I am not able to get entry from the passenger side:computerrage:. I will get in from the driver side through the firewall. Any suggestions I was hoping not to go through the drain plug.

Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I've wired both the lights on my ROAM slider/steps and two rock lights (which I mounted on the bottom of the side mirrors) to the interior circuit, and I've had no issues. I really like how the step lights automatically illuminate when I unlock the door and/or exit. Plus, it's kinda cool how they slowly fade down when they turn off... My rock lights came in a package of 10 (and there's no way I needed 10 lights under a 2 door), so I used two for some side illumination.

tumblr_ppvtzeWuIy1tkp167o1_1280.jpg
looks amazing!!

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I freking did it. Added the Oznium Lights and linked to the foot well.:rock:

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I believe most people (myself included) use the 11mm flush mount led bolts. You have to drill the hole slightly larger, as the LEDs Roam supplies have a 10mm post.
Sponsored