Sponsored

Right Rear Tail Light Out warning - LED Lighting Package

massems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR - build
Hey all, hope you guys are doing well!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem that arose last night. I work as a volunteer EMT and installed an LED flasher that when activated sends power into my 2019 Rubicons with the LED lighting package - right and left reverse and brake lights, making them flash like in most emergency vehicles. During testing I did remove the right taillight assembly completely from the harness and did activate the right turn signal while it was out which caused the faster hyper flash type clicking. After I reconnected the light and started the car, I keep on getting a message saying that the right taillight is out even though the brake, reverse, and turn function all work on it. When I start the car and turn on the right turn signal It’ll start hyper flashing for a few seconds then going back to normal flashing then hyperflashing again for a few seconds until finally going back to normal flashing and stays normal then for as long as the car is on. It does this each time I start the car only for a few seconds until going back to the normal turn signal flash mode but still gives me the right taillight out warning. I did the same exact thing to the left taillight and it’s completely fine, no warning messages.

I was wondering is there a way I can reset the taillight warning system or get the message to go away?

Thanks so much for the help!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@massems

Is your "LED flasher" still attached?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the "Fault" still registers in the computer even though there is no longer any issue. Running a google search on it or calling the dealer and asking how to reset the warning would be a good course of action.

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Just a guess, but perhaps try disconnecting the battery and letting the computer reset?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@massems

Kill all 12v power to the JL. Remember the JL has two batteries. Hopefully, this will correct the issue.

In regard to you being an EMT and wanting Emergency Vehicle lighting on your JL. Consider a Tazer JL Mini. It's Light Show feature is terrific for guys/gals like you. Do research the Tazer JL Mini.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Even with power cut to the module if it’s still connected it’s adding resistance to the circuit. This could be causing the error with the JLs monitoring circuits, leading to the error. Just a guess with no knowledge of any of the circuitry.

LittleJohnnyfromNJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
having this same issue - I unplugged the battery overnight and still have the error on my dash - INTERMITTENTLY! Sometimes the LED tail-light blinker works - sometimes it doesn't. Have replaced the tail light too - still doesn't always work!
Sponsored