Sponsored

Rhino Rack Backbone / Pioneer Rack Issue (Help Please)

AndrewBJeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR in Ocean Blue Metallic
Hello!

I recently mounted my pioneer platform and noticed that the back of the rack stuck out a little on the back... any ideas as to what I did wrong? Is this normal?

4205A64D-9798-41BD-8C22-F71BB41A9A69.jpeg

B9BC5D3E-5DF4-4B83-AD50-0CC1B065D7DA.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
AndrewBJeep

AndrewBJeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, it is the 72 x 56 inch, the first gen version of it. I mounted it with RCL Legs and QMHD05 spacers. I also did the bit where you have to drill new holes for the legs to match up with the backbone.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Disclaimer: I didn't install my own so I'm not 100% sure what options you have. That said, mine is definitely slid more forward than yours. I don't have the rear overhang and it covers my freedom panels more. If you loosen the mounts, can you slide it forward? If not, maybe rotate the whole thing?

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Silly question, but is the rack on the right way around? I have the Maximus 3 Pioneer Rack, so different mounts, but mine also sits further over the freedom panels. I remember the assembly instructions were pretty implicit on making sure the rack was facing the right way. I also remember reading that some people didn't have the stickers on the panels to denote front or rear.

IMG_9262.JPG

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I looked at my rack closely today, you definitely have the platform backwards. Spin it around and you'll be set.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AndrewBJeep

AndrewBJeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at my rack closely today, you definitely have the platform backwards. Spin it around and you'll be set.
Here’s where I’m confused. The back piece very clearly has “Rear” on a sticker on it.

This leads me to believe that I may have the side pieces flipped. If i switch the side pieces then the rear holes underneath where the crossbars mount will be closer to the backbone mount points and thus the rear won’t stick out as much. I could be wrong, but it’s my best guess right now.

Mike, I’m going to shoot you a PM. It may help me to have some detailed pics of a correct one over text if that’s alright.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Can you confirm the part number of your platform?

I haven't installed mine yet, as I am still waiting for the backbone to arrive.

However, I bought the platform used from a guy that had the platform installed on the JKU. The first gen platform was made for the JKU, and when I bought it, he did say that it would possibly stick out to the back a little. as the casters are different between JK and JL.

I am waiting to install and then will confirm if sits the same way as yours!

OP
OP
AndrewBJeep

AndrewBJeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you confirm the part number of your platform?

I haven't installed mine yet, as I am still waiting for the backbone to arrive.

However, I bought the platform used from a guy that had the platform installed on the JKU. The first gen platform was made for the JKU, and when I bought it, he did say that it would possibly stick out to the back a little. as the casters are different between JK and JL.

I am waiting to install and then will confirm if sits the same way as yours!
Hi There! I confirmed that I had the rails backwards. There is very little labeling on them, but when you assemble the rack, make sure that the rear-facing part of the rack has a SMALL GAP between where the rack bolts to the backbone - and the back of the rack. The larger gap between where the rack bolts to the backbone and the front of the rack should face forward and protrude over the two roof panels that are removable.

OP
OP
AndrewBJeep

AndrewBJeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi There! I confirmed that I had the rails backwards. There is very little labeling on them, but when you assemble the rack, make sure that the rear-facing part of the rack has a SMALL GAP between where the rack bolts to the backbone - and the back of the rack. The larger gap between where the rack bolts to the backbone and the front of the rack should face forward and protrude over the two roof panels that are removable.
Also, I apologize - the part number I do not know, but it is the Gen1 Pioneer Platform. Happy to help with any additional questions, it would've made the install a lot easier if I had someone to double check my work... Reach out in PMs, I am usually quick to respond.

Kats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5