Sponsored

Do you need a Maxiums-3 or Backbone system to mount a Rhino Rack Pioneer rack?

jeepinalaska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for a roof rack for my new sahara unlimited. I love the larger Rhino Rack Pioneer racks: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...b7sUZO4vScFWIIWlIO7yCcVLx97UKqkRoCqNQQAvD_BwE . I would probably get the full rail to go around it as well. My only question is, is it necessary to get either the Maxiums-3 System or Rhino Rack's own Backbone system to mount it to your hard top? Does the Pioneer kit alone not come with a mounting option? I really don't need to spend 1500-2000$ for a heavy duty roof rack system since I won't be hauling anything on top that needs the kind of support (and cost) that Maximus- 3 or the Backbone give.
https://maximus-3.com/2018-jeep-wra...maximus-3-jl-roof-rack-system-long?ipa=0&ins=
http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/prod...m/pioneer-platform-72-x-56-unassembled_jb0892
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes. Installing one of those racks is a 2 part process/expense. The rack, and the hardware to mount it.

OP
OP
jeepinalaska

jeepinalaska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Installing one of those racks is a 2 part process/expense. The rack, and the hardware to mount it.
Gotcha, thanks. Assumed as much. Good thing I adequately looked into it because none of those websites selling those kinds of racks say anything about needing to purchase mounting systems separately.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Gotcha, thanks. Assumed as much. Good thing I adequately looked into it because none of those websites selling those kinds of racks say anything about needing to purchase mounting systems separately.
yes, you will need a hardware kit from back bone or maximus-3. I Currently have the maximus-3 mounts with the rhino rack

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Im with you. The sites for the two systems are GARBAGE. You are correct that if you were not a member of a forum like this with knowledgeable guys and gals to keep us out of trouble, you would have no way of knowing you need both systems. You would have figured it out of course, then had to order the backbone after the fact, causing frustration and delay to the project. Stupid.
Sponsored