Sponsored

Resale?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Hi, I’m curious now, in late January of 2022, how the resale market is for these. We all know that the market in general for new and used vehicles has been greatly inflated due to chip shortages etc so I’m curious if anybody has researched if that also applies to diesel wranglers. Thanks.
Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I did a fairly shallow dive into this before placing my order for my diesel JL. Ultimately my conclusion was that the diesel engine was holding its value in line with every other model of Wrangler JL.

With that conclusion came the understanding that this could change at a moments notice. But, unless there comes to be some catastrophic characteristic of the diesel engine specifically that receives absolutely no support from the manufacturer (which would likely have been identified by this point due to the number of diesel Wranglers already sold and collecting miles across all climates and conditions), there was no evidence to suggest that the value of the diesel Wrangler would differ from the value of any other type of Wrangler (392 aside, as that one will likely develop collector status).

Ultimately I decided that the risk of the diesel Wrangler losing its value after purchase was no greater than that of any other Wrangler. YMMV.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I did a fairly shallow dive into this before placing my order for my diesel JL. Ultimately my conclusion was that the diesel engine was holding its value in line with every other model of Wrangler JL.

With that conclusion came the understanding that this could change at a moments notice. But, unless there comes to be some catastrophic characteristic of the diesel engine specifically that receives absolutely no support from the manufacturer (which would likely have been identified by this point due to the number of diesel Wranglers already sold and collecting miles across all climates and conditions), there was no evidence to suggest that the value of the diesel Wrangler would differ from the value of any other type of Wrangler (392 aside, as that one will likely develop collector status).

Ultimately I decided that the risk of the diesel Wrangler losing its value after purchase was no greater than that of any other Wrangler. YMMV.
Thanks, makes sense. I might be in the market for a second JL which is why I ask.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
My thinking and hope was that there will always be diesel enthusiasts. The market of buyers might be fewer but those that want a diesel want a diesel.

I have the same thoughts about manual cars these days. Recently sold a stick VW GTI (great fun if you ever want a small car with giddy-up) and the price was no different from auto.

Shirtboy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
im at 22k the jeep runs great still wish they had the fuel pump issue resolved i expect this to hold value if the jury comes back on the diesel as very reliable. Loving the 25 MPG especially when diesel was at $3.25- $3.50 up to 4 again in VA
Sponsored