Diesel Resale Value

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Right now, the biggest issue with the Cummins isn’t the dpf, it’s the cp4.2 (or whatever it’s called) that is failing and making the news. The dpf is over a decade old now. Logic dictates that it should be pretty robust now.
Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
One other thought, this is what I’ll be replacing my
Dpf with when it goes. $1300.. Two band clamps and it drops out for servicing. I can weld so I’ll weld on the Jeep dpf end caps. I’ve seen this version before that was CARB approved.

https://gdpproducts.com/product/universal-modular-dpf-core/

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Right now, the biggest issue with the Cummins isn’t the dpf, it’s the cp4.2 (or whatever it’s called) that is failing and making the news. The dpf is over a decade old now. Logic dictates that it should be pretty robust now.
Yes you are right the CP4 is technically the biggest design issue with this engine but it will be dealt with.

I read somewhere that they are working on a CP3 conversion (probably will be called CP3.5 or CP5) that will deliver the pressure of the CP4 (which our jeeps need) but with a CP3 design (which cannot kill the engine when it fails, also rarely fails)

When that happens, ill drop one in my jeep and forget about adding diesel fuel additives (its a little messy every time i fill up...) also that way i can run the fuel filter up to 20K miles instead of replacing it every 10K like i do right now...

Shirtboy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Random question here. Any concerns with resale value on the diesels?

Thinking about trading from the turbo 4 rubicon recon to a diesel Sahara.

wondering about Diesel resale.
22000 miles so far no issues and avg 26 mpg on the highway 2 oil changes tire rotations hope this keeps up!
Sponsored