Replace All Speakers Without Amp?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The other issue that you face with just replacing the factory speakers, even with the Alpine system, is that they are 2 Ohm whereas nearly all aftermarket speakers are 4 Ohm. It means that you're immediately reducing the output of the factory amp by half so even if you get a better quality speaker you're not going to be able to drive it to its full potential.
I believe the alpine system in the JL wrangler is 4ohm?
Sponsored

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I was thinking of doing the same with just speakers, but now I am going all in. I have a 2021 Diesel with the Alpine. I bought new speakers but before install I changed my mid. Now I am going to add the PAQ and hook it up to the JL AUDIO VX700/5i which gives me 70 watts to 4 channels and 300w @ 2 ohms to a sub along with internal DSP. Front speakers will be replaced with FOCAL Performance 165AS3 with the 6.5 woofers in the kickpanel, 3" mid in the top dash and tweeters mounted to the top of the dash or A-pillars. Soundbar speakers will be the Focal Performance 165AS components with the 6.5 inch mid and a tweeter in each side. Question is, does anyone know if I loose the active Noise cancelling? Is this still coming on the cars? I want to be able to talk on the phone with top back and windows down like I do now.

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I was thinking of doing the same with just speakers, but now I am going all in. I have a 2021 Diesel with the Alpine. I bought new speakers but before install I changed my mid. Now I am going to add the PAQ and hook it up to the JL AUDIO VX700/5i which gives me 70 watts to 4 channels and 300w @ 2 ohms to a sub along with internal DSP. Front speakers will be replaced with FOCAL Performance 165AS3 with the 6.5 woofers in the kickpanel, 3" mid in the top dash and tweeters mounted to the top of the dash or A-pillars. Soundbar speakers will be the Focal Performance 165AS components with the 6.5 inch mid and a tweeter in each side. Question is, does anyone know if I loose the active Noise cancelling? Is this still coming on the cars? I want to be able to talk on the phone with top back and windows down like I do now.
How much did that whole system run you and how much for install?

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
How much did that whole system run you and how much for install?
I installed my self. Got the amp for a killer price. So both sets of speakers were $2K, Amp was $800, Sub was $350. I would say with the PAQ AMP and wires it was about $3500 all said and done.
Sponsored