Sponsored

Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I ordered without - I have it on my wife's CX-5, and lately I don't really use it. By the time we unload our daughter, it's easier to pull out the FOB and hit the button rather than walk back to the front of the car. Likewise, when walking up to the car I often just unlock from the FOB so the doors are open when we get there, especially when raining. That, coupled with being on a budget and trimming my order down to bare essentials (JLUR with auto and hard top), lead me to not order it. I might have ordered it if I had unlimited funds.

I also don't like the hand on the handle to unlock - the Mazda has a great system, you only use the button on the handle. Press the button to lock, then you can actually pull on the handle to test that it is unlocked. Press the button again to unlock. Simple, whereas the jeep's system of wrapping your hand around the handle to unlock will drive me nuts because I can't test that the jeep is locked, and, like my wife's old BMW, it will probably drive me nuts when I wash it and it locks/unlocks all the time.

But hey, to each their own and if you have it and like it, more power to you ;)
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You can open the back tailgate with it you don't have to go to the driver's door. it does give you more power LOL You dont have to take the key fob out of your pocket every time it's great. Sounds like somebody wishes they had it more power to you okay

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You can open the back tailgate with it you don't have to go to the driver's door. it does give you more power LOL You dont have to take the key fob out of your pocket every time it's great. Sounds like somebody wishes they had it more power to you okay
I just read your post again wrap your hand around the handle you must be doing it wrong when you tested it I don't wrap my hand around the handle I walk up andI just touch the handle as my fingers touch it it unlocks very easy you must be doing something wrong when you tested it

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why they couldn't add it. It is all electronic, so I'm guessing it can simply be programmed. The question for me, if the dealer finds out it can be added, is would I drop 500 bucks on it? Not sure I would.
The handles, caps and wiring harnasses are different. And the sales code for it has to be entered by FCA corporate or a JScan tool. No aftermarket option for it other than OEM parts and they are on back order because so many are retrofitting it to their vehicle. Also for Sport S you have to custom wire from the control module to the door connector - they don't come with the necessary wires and pins from factory - Sahara and Rubicons do. Don't think the standard Sport can be done.
Sponsored