Remote–Proximity Keyless–Entry

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
They are talking about the cap that you remove to take off the handle. There have been some caps that are defective. The system doesn’t work on either door?
Gregj

ETA the cap has a magnet in it and they are put in with the poles the wrong way.
Sponsored

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I put all 3 new caps on. Maybe a defective bunch but not likely as the tailgate is totally different.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
I asked Northridge 4X4 about installing this on my 4XE. They said it'd be a 10-12 hour job @ $125/hr :surprised:

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I asked Northridge 4X4 about installing this on my 4XE. They said it'd be a 10-12 hour job @ $125/hr :surprised:
It took me about 2 hours to do the drivers door. I watched the video that was in this thread (as well as the other longer thread). The only real trouble I had was leverage, I am a small person with short arms and the door is kinda high so it was hard to reach some things and disconnect the wiring while holding the door panel. Now that I've done one, I think the other doors will go faster.

I tried to get the dealer to add the codes for this, but still waiting on that (been 2+ weeks). I just ordered the OBD and cable and will get jscan and try it myself this coming weekend.

Soooo not officially sure it's complete yet, but hoping it will work 🤞

Sponsored

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
It took me about 2 hours to do the drivers door. I watched the video that was in this thread (as well as the other longer thread). The only real trouble I had was leverage, I am a small person with short arms and the door is kinda high so it was hard to reach some things and disconnect the wiring while holding the door panel. Now that I've done one, I think the other doors will go faster.

I tried to get the dealer to add the codes for this, but still waiting on that (been 2+ weeks). I just ordered the OBD and cable and will get jscan and try it myself this coming weekend.

Soooo not officially sure it's complete yet, but hoping it will work 🤞
Pretty sure Northridge figured I didn't do any homework on it. They said I'd need a Taser, too, but at that point Z-Automotive had not received their 4XE and said it wouldn't work. And everyone who tried using it got error codes. 3-4 hours of labor seems more the norm to me, especially for an experienced shop like that.

🤞 it all works for you!

mhn2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Can I install the proximity handle and wiring harness just on the driver’s door and activate it with the tazer? Then, add the passenger door and tailgate handles later?

mhn2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Yes you can. I added it to my wifes JLUR and did the entire install in about 2-3 hours. I bought the kit from @AllMoparParts.com a while back. Well worth it!
Thanks. But did you just install the driver door handle only and it worked? I was going to do this piecemeal if possible.

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I did the entire install. If I remember correctly I started with the tailgate first.

Sponsored

rhill2901

First Name
Nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you install pke in your Jeep and it doesn’t work, make sure you have the wiring installed, best to troubleshoot one door at a time. I ordered some door handles and magnets off eBay and couldn’t get it to work, by dumb luck I swapped the handles from driver door to passenger door and the passenger door starting working. Since the magnet piece and the handle had no dealer markings, I then realized they are Chinese parts. I ordered a handle and magnet cap from the dealer and put in the drivers door. This worked. On The passenger door I sometimes have to press the lock twice to get it to activate so beware of Chinese clones.

In the 2019 Wrangler sport, by default, the wiring is not installed. Each door requires a sense and return including the swing gate. I built supplemental harnesses to run the pairs from the 2 front doors and the swing gate to the RF module on the drivers side trunk. Total of 6 wires that I wrapped with the anti rattle tape to make this work.
Sponsored