Reign in the forecast?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
This is how Jeep picks what colors will be available in the next run of "special wranglers":

They used to have a spinning color wheel that employees would throw a dart at blindfolded. But that didn't work out so well when the person responsible for making dealers honor warranties got taken out (which explains a lot btw)... So they had to stop that.
Jeep Wrangler JL Reign in the forecast? 1642546275844

Now, they use a much safer way. They get whatever engineer is picked as "employee of the quarter" and allow them to pick a crayon from the CEO's box blindfolded. They then post that crayon in the overcrowded employee break room so everyone knows what the new "special color" is. They've been using this method for a while now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reign in the forecast? 1642546215832

But --- As you have noticed, the colors don't stick around long because the same engineer that thought it was a good idea to introduce a badly made rear stock bumper AND introduced ESS has started eating all the light colored ones. :CWL:
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Hey now my hydro blue brothers I didnā€™t intend to bash the color ITā€™S a GREAT COLOR!, Lol. and yes a bit of a chameleon.. I like my blues deeper like a midnight blue or ocean blue, fer gods sake I gotta stay away from anything close to dodger blue.. a fellas gotta understand.. If reign is deep like a plum pearl Im interested if itā€™s really loud like tuscadero Iā€™m out..
I donā€™t see a 60 year old pullin that off, Lol.
šŸ˜–Duh... shudda just ordered the granite in Dec.
Go Giants!
IMG_3749-X3.jpg

Jeepfamilia

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
How is bringing back yellow & dropping snazzberry & tuscadero good for sales?
I canā€™t pull the trigger on granite and hydro is to baby blue for me.. Pissed off šŸ˜  It better reign quick.. Wranglers have no exciting colors left..
My wifeā€™s HB 392ā€¦ the online configuration doesnā€™t give the colors justice

212626F4-79CF-4510-ABF4-9B134E1E33BA.jpeg

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I heard the new colors were chosen by a random number generator plugging in the output to an RGB selector in Microsoft PowerPoint.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Sorry...I was so busy making jokes I forgot to ask why I came in here ...What color is Reign?

CamperShamu

First Name
Shamu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR(ordered), Tesla 3, BMW m240i
I owned a Hydro Blue JK. Itā€™s a very, very beautiful blue that needs to be seen in person to appreciate.

This is generally true of all of Jeepā€™s ā€œPearl Coatā€ colors, which utilize mica flakes rather than metal flakes. They can look about a dozen different shades depending on lighting. The most extreme version of this is Tuscadero, which I currently own.

I agree. I just took delivery of a Hydro Blue JLUR this past weekend. I was a little hesitant on the color but went with it regardless. It is truly much more beautiful in person and just can't be appreciated thru the pictures you see posted around. And it does look different under different lighting. its the pearl coat im guessing like you said. Its quite stunning in reality. I also love the Tuscadero!

OP
OP
Axelbndr

Axelbndr

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2door, 6Mt, PBJ, Blk. Top, Bl
Pic from 2022 Canadian brochure has High Velocity, Reign and Earl as late availability colors.
January US order guide has Snazzberry & Tuscadero discontinued with Hydro Blue as late availability and High Velocity added and available now..
So what pops up next? Iā€™m betting Sting Grey gets dropped for Earl and hopefully Februaryā€™s order guide brings Reign.

F4B1D68C-86B9-428D-974E-9C1AED665279.jpeg

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Pic from 2022 Canadian brochure has High Velocity, Reign and Earl as late availability colors.
January US order guide has Snazzberry & Tuscadero discontinued with Hydro Blue as late availability and High Velocity added and available now..
So what pops up next? Iā€™m betting Sting Grey gets dropped for Earl and hopefully Februaryā€™s order guide brings Reign.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reign in the forecast? F4B1D68C-86B9-428D-974E-9C1AED665279
Iā€™m going to order a 392 XR Reign and call it Thanos.

OP
OP
Axelbndr

Axelbndr

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2door, 6Mt, PBJ, Blk. Top, Bl
Hey now my hydro blue brothers I didnā€™t intend to bash the color ITā€™S a GREAT COLOR!, Lol. and yes a bit of a chameleon.. I like my blues deeper like a midnight blue or ocean blue, fer gods sake I gotta stay away from anything close to dodger blue.. a fellas gotta understand.. If reign is deep like a plum pearl Im interested if itā€™s really loud like tuscadero Iā€™m out..
I donā€™t see a 60 year old pullin that off, Lol.
šŸ˜–Duh... shudda just ordered the granite in Dec.
Iā€™m replying to myself and officially eating my words.. I went down to the local dealer a found hydro blue on a gladiator, yep I take it back itā€™s not baby blue at all Jeep.com photos donā€™t accurately capture the color. Itā€™s a must seeJust placed my order
JLR 2dr, 6MT, Hydro Blue, Black Hardtop, black nose, black fenders..
Quoted 10 weeks...
The wait begins....

The Duke

First Name
Jkyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Toyota 4Runner '07 Nissan 350Z
Please dear god let Reign look like this. We need a good dark color to replace Snazzberry. Iā€™m truly missing a Patriot Blue Pearl color mopar has had for 20 years. Itā€™s offered on the ram I wish theyā€™d carry it over to Jeep. . Having a desirable color for me is what holds me back from ordering right now.

b9cf15313043b9bf83576431f7715f8e.jpg
Sponsored