Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. Once my lottery numbers get picked ill be dialing them up
If you call Dynatrac you can save some money, they gave me almost a grand off on my 60/60 order for ordering over the phone. There was some sweet nothings whispered but I didn't feel violated.

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
OTC 7249 Ball Joint, U-Joint, and Brake Anchor Pin Service Kit with Storage Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SRGXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_z-CaGbF2S0TCV

i have this one, i use sockets if i have to make something fit somewhere haha
i have some advise for this tool, buy some copper based anti-seize and liberally coat the threads , the dis-simliar metals will not take tremendous abuse without the copper based anti-seize, my OTC press is almost 20yrs old and i have abused it with air impacts and 3/4 drive ratchet (Snap-On) long handle, 36”+, i have done ball joints, u-joints, brake anchor pins and probably a couple things it wasn’t really designed for, but sometimes need is the mother of invention. It still works like new, your hands will get a copper color using it, but it has never failed me, never bound up, never pulled a thread. It is a great tool, just needs a little lube on the threads and i have found that copper based anti-seize forever works...just my 2 cents and 30+ years wrenching..

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
i have some advise for this tool, buy some copper based anti-seize and liberally coat the threads , the dis-simliar metals will not take tremendous abuse without the copper based anti-seize, my OTC press is almost 20yrs old and i have abused it with air impacts and 3/4 drive ratchet (Snap-On) long handle, 36”+, i have done ball joints, u-joints, brake anchor pins and probably a couple things it wasn’t really designed for, but sometimes need is the mother of invention. It still works like new, your hands will get a copper color using it, but it has never failed me, never bound up, never pulled a thread. It is a great tool, just needs a little lube on the threads and i have found that copper based anti-seize forever works...just my 2 cents and 30+ years wrenching..
Good tip, i usually just spray it down with silicone and have at it

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
Good tip, i usually just spray it down with silicone and have at it
the copper in the anti-seize helps to lube the threads as well

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just as a heads up Reid racing released thier jl steering knuckles. If you are replacing the garbage ball joints do yourself a favor and replace the garbage steering knuckles too.

https://reidracing.biz/jljt
Wow that is a good price, I think the stock ones are like $500. This will be on the list of upgrades as things wear out, thanks.
Ran the Winter4x4 Jamboree in Sand Hollow over the weekend and watched a Gladiator on 40s with a Magnuson super charger grenade his driver side U joint on an obstacle. If that wasn't bad enough when he went to move forward to clear the trail his knuckle shattered at the ball joint. Once that U joint goes there is a ton of pressure on the ball joints and where they sit in the knuckle. I highly doubt a cast iron knuckle would have failed.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that is a good price, I think the stock ones are like $500. This will be on the list of upgrades as things wear out, thanks.
Ran the Winter4x4 Jamboree in Sand Hollow over the weekend and watched a Gladiator on 40s with a Magnuson super charger grenade his driver side U joint on an obstacle. If that wasn't bad enough when he went to move forward to clear the trail his knuckle shattered at the ball joint. Once that U joint goes there is a ton of pressure on the ball joints and where they sit in the knuckle. I highly doubt a cast iron knuckle would have failed.
Wow thats crazy lol

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Wow thats crazy lol
It was a wake up call for that guy. The front axle was gusseted and beefed up but he was running stock shafts on 40s with a super charger... not a good combo. We told him you should use this opportunity to put some RCVs in. To my knowledge RCVs and a new knuckle were brought up on to the mountain and installed on the trail while we went on our merry way on Triple 7 :)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Just as a heads up Reid racing released thier jl steering knuckles. If you are replacing the garbage ball joints do yourself a favor and replace the garbage steering knuckles too.

https://reidracing.biz/jljt
Thanks @Moto_21 as I've been waiting for these to get released.

When you want to do axles make sure to give Currie a call - they are competitive with Dynatrack and a better product. Plus they are close to you..... When I win the lotto a set of F9's are top of the list.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Moto_21 as I've been waiting for these to get released.

When you want to do axles make sure to give Currie a call - they are competitive with Dynatrack and a better product. Plus they are close to you..... When I win the lotto a set of F9's are top of the list.
True curries down the street, so is eibach, kartek, rock jock...you name it lol

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
True curries down the street, so is eibach, kartek, rock jock...you name it lol
Yeah, you are in the middle of the California Jeep Mecca...... Long ago that was my region to support. Also Griggs Racing and JBA (outside SD) were doing neat stuff.

Californian car people are crazy ;)

Stampede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon
Damn it just put dynatrac ball joints in last weekend! The stock knuckles were a bitch to get off, so looked all over for aftermarket. Guess everything gonna have to come off again!