Sponsored

Regular JL Headlights and fog lights

JR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Extreme Recon
I have a ‘23 Rubicon with the Recon package. I was unable to find an anything with LED lights which I had and loved on my 2020. Any suggestions to changing out the actual bulb to something more like and LED? It’s a lease and I’m not looking to make any high cost mods.
Sponsored

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I have a 2020 Willys, recently changed out my head and fog lights to LED, it was a good improvement.

Finding the LED bulbs wasn't a problem as there are many low-cost options to choose from, the actual installation at first seemed like it was going to be a pain, but turned out not to be.

First you have to take out the grill, in my case I only took out the top push pins as I didn't want to remove my winch to get to the lower push pins - turned out only taking out the top push pins worked just fine. By removing the top push pins and removal of the three screws which hold in the headlights, I was able to get to the rear of the headlight housing.

The removal of the factory bulbs and replacing them with the new LED bulbs again was a simple process as within the bulb housing there is plenty of room for LED with cooling fans.

Once the new bulbs are in place, just do the same process in reverse to put everything back together.

Replacing the FOG lights again was a simple process - easier than the head lights. You could go to the "Auto Parts Store" and spend upwards of $30.00 per bulb, I used a mail order company (TEMU), each bulb was under $10.00.
https://www.temu.com/sungmo-m-142273614972.html
As easy as it was to change out the bulbs, if the ones I ordered turned out to be junk, it's an easy process to replace them with more expensive bulbs.

FYI, just make sure you are ordering the right bulbs, H 1, H 3,

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP

JR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Extreme Recon

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

When I viewed these it says not compatible with 23 wrangler
Amazon is often wrong about compatibility. Headlights for the JL have not changed since 2018.
Sponsored