First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This is a picture of the flashing alert sent by the iDash during an active regen. [You have to specfically set the parameters for the alert.] Interestingly, below the alert box, the regen status alternates between "OFF" (as in the picture) and "PAS". This seems like the opposite of what I'd expect. Why wouldn't it say "ON" or "ACT"?

Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash IMG_0672
Sponsored

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

This is a picture of the flashing alert sent by the iDash during an active regen. [You have to specfically set the parameters for the alert.] Interestingly, below the alert box, the regen status alternates between "OFF" (as in the picture) and "PAS". This seems like the opposite of what I'd expect. Why wouldn't it say "ON" or "ACT"?

Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash IMG_0672
I like that "yellow flashing alert" because I have mistakenly interrupted an "active" regen. Thanks for the info and the heads up. But that's a complete mind F. If it's showing "passive" or "off". Have you shared that with the engineers over at banks? Wonder if they're aware of this or not. Knowing your attention to detail. Have you confirmed the soot level being 80% or > prior to the "Yellow flashing alert"? Does it lower out to the typical 8%.? And display the "off" or "pas" as typically shown after after a true "active regen" has completed.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like that "yellow flashing alert" because I have mistakenly interrupted an "active" regen. Thanks for the info and the heads up. But that's a complete mind F. If it's showing "passive" or "off". Have you shared that with the engineers over at banks? Wonder if they're aware of this or not. Knowing your attention to detail. Have you confirmed the soot level being 80% or > prior to the "Yellow flashing alert"? Does it lower out to the typical 8%.? And display the "off" or "pas" as typically shown after after a true "active regen" has completed.
Here is the odd thing - it started at 60%. For me the iDash is a work in progress. I was just thrilled that the flashing alert activated. I'll keep working on it. :)

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD 2021 4xe 2020 JTR (sold)
What settings did it take to set this alert. I just installed my data monster this week and am still figuring things out.
I’d been monitoring soot level and regents on OBD Fusion. I’ve never seen an active regen start at 80%, all of mine have started around 55-60%.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What settings did it take to set this alert. I just installed my data monster this week and am still figuring things out.
I’d been monitoring soot level and regents on OBD Fusion. I’ve never seen an active regen start at 80%, all of mine have started around 55-60%.
I have the low parameter at "0" and the high at "one". And...set high enable to "on" and low to "off".

Sponsored

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m pretty sure we’re seeing a passive regen. 300+ mile trip Sunday, saw the same rapid cycling from off/pas regen status. Soot dropped slowly from 71% to 30% over the 300+ mile trip which matches what I see when OBD Fusion shows passive, during an active regen soot drops rapidly to 8% in about 10 minutes. The rapid cycling matches what the guys were seeing with passive regen on the Scan gauge.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/scanguage-regen-and-soot-problems.50882/
I’m waiting for an OBD splitter so I can monitor my Idash and OBD Fusion together until I get this figured out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash 1F863641-224B-451A-89C2-0EBFC52D532A

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had set the alert hi parameter to 2 to see if an active regen would trigger an alert. Today on my way home from an active regen started and it did trigger the alert. The regen status cycled between “PAS” and “ACT” the entire time the active regen was going, once the active regen was completed the status again started cycling between “OFF” and “PAS”. I think banks may need to do a little tweaking to the status indicator
This regen started at about 35% but when it triggered the soot went up 75% then dropped to 8% over a 10 minute period and was done.
Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash 7B956D2E-F3F1-4C8E-9C42-64EA97EE69BA

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I had set the alert hi parameter to 2 to see if an active regen would trigger an alert. Today on my way home from an active regen started and it did trigger the alert. The regen status cycled between “PAS” and “ACT” the entire time the active regen was going, once the active regen was completed the status again started cycling between “OFF” and “PAS”. I think banks may need to do a little tweaking to the status indicator
This regen started at about 35% but when it triggered the soot went up 75% then dropped to 8% over a 10 minute period and was done.
Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash trim.CB9C9C17-36A1-40B4-BBAA-3C9BE3D2B529.MOV

Really great post very informative. Hopefull using the videos. Thanks. Agree Banks does need a little bit of software update. Have never witnessed the quick intermittent "pas" and "off" That appears to be a glitch too, that Banks should address.

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
I wonder if it is a glitch with Banks, or FCA. The pas/off changes quite often when cruising down the road but not near as quickly as in the video.

Cripes, I didn't see the trans temp in (groups-temperatures). Is it somewhere in categories?

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if it is a glitch with Banks, or FCA. The pas/off changes quite often when cruising down the road but not near as quickly as in the video.

Cripes, I didn't see the trans temp in (groups-temperatures). Is it somewhere in categories?
Previously I’d been using OBD Fusion and there was no cycling of the regen indicators.
Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash D55104DE-7607-468B-9BFA-C19DBCDF74A6

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here is what a regen looks like with the flashing alert turned off. For newbies: note the 80% DPF level (the trigger point), the red "ACT" (active), and, most notably, the increase in DPF temperature. 966 degrees is over double the normal DPF temperature at idle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Regen alert on iDash IMG_0675

Last edited:

RJC_III_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
It's funny, I've had the bank iDash for over a year now. and a few software updates back it functioned properly. and displayed on ACT during a regen. I called them about it a year ago and nothing's come out since...

ytry

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLU Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Adult Day Care
My iDash came with software version 1.21 and it showed PAS and ACT regen status. I updated the software to the newest version 1.24 and now I am getting no regen status updates. Always says OFF. I went back and configured the alert status to ON, lower to zero and off, high set to zero and on per the instructions. Still has yet to show any type of a regen status.
Sponsored