Refuse delivery if...

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Word to the wise. Inspect your Jeep carefully at delivery and reject delivery until you have it in writing that any cosmetic flaws are documented and will be addressed. I was in a hurry on the day I picked mine up and now have a hassle on my hands.

My dealer is having to fight with FCA to get two minor flaws (one on the passenger seat, one on the silver plastic part of the steering wheel) addressed.

I mentioned them to my salesperson the day after delivery and he said no problem, just bring it back when you have a chance.

FCA made them take pictures and denied the claim saying they weren’t manufacturing defects, which is probably true... both look like sloppy handling damage.

I’ve never had this issue with other brands I’ve purchased recently (GM, Mercedes, Toyota). I had a seat cover in my Corvette replaced six months after I bought it due to a loose stitch and didn’t have a hassle at all.

My dealer is appealing the decision but save yourself the hassle and inspect your vehicle VERY carefully at deliver as it appears FCA is pinching pennies when it comes to taking care of their customers.
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
When you say "sloppy handling damage" what do you mean? Damage during assembly or after the dealer took delivery of the vehicle? If it isn't a manufacturing issue, it's usually the dealer's problem, not FCA's.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Are you sure it was done at the factory or did your dealer screw it up during their PDI?

OP
OP

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
One of the issues looks like a defect in materials. At the very end of a piece of leather where it’s stitched to the next section, there’s a tiny flaw in the leather that lets the white backing material show.

The other one may have occurred during manufacture or shipping. It’s a small blemish (dent) in the silver plastic on the steering wheel, like if someone grabbed the plastic with a tool or keys in their hand. I’ll upload some pictures this evening.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer should take care of it for you. I didn't notice paint bubbles on the bottom hinges of my wife's 2 door because it was dark. Let the dealer know next day and they had it repainted. Never dealt with corporate. Of course i have purchased around 10 vehicles from teh same salesman and dealer over the years...

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
The dealership should have made a Transportation related claim when it arrived.. or they missed it when they did they’re delivery inspection

OP
OP

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
The one on the steering wheel looks like it might have been in the plastic before the silver was applied since there’s no blemish in the finish

B3D4AF26-0308-4915-B653-3172787C15F3.jpeg

8E368192-2AEC-498C-B6A8-98769A9345D9.jpeg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
IMO, From a “customer first” mantra, FCA is a broken company. ALL of this should have been taken care of by the dealer without question. I am beginning to think that FCA means: F*** Customers Always........

This is a $50,000 LUXURY vehicle. FCA needs to rethink its entire approach to customer service.

Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
"This is a $50,000 LUXURY vehicle." Is it a luxury vehicle by virtue of the price? That price includes a lot features which are not luxury features. I would probably never call any of my Jeeps a luxury vehicle. Jeeps are functional vehicles with extraordinary versatility. It would be misguided to look to a Jeep for luxury. Range Rover, BMW, Infinity, maybe Lexus. Not Jeep. Luxury? Hmm. No. Rugged? Perfect!

Stretcher

Price essentially dictates it being luxury or not yes. A $10k BMW is luxury? Likely not. A $70k honda is luxury? Likely yes.

One would assume better build practised would be employed in a vehicle costing more it's just assumed. Does Mercedes employ stricter build practices in even their c class vs. Their smart car? I would hope so.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Luxury does not have to mean massage chairs and 10 decibel road noise. Having such a large amount of off-road capability is a luxury in itself.

RCH

First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBI 2dr 2.0t, 2014 CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK
Black Magic Marker will make the white spot disappear. Best if dealer/FCA were to make it right, but, if not, I would "make it black".

v/r rch

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Black Magic Marker will make the white spot disappear. Best if dealer/FCA were to make it right, but, if not, I would "make it black".

v/r rch
I was thinking Sharpie on the seat. As long as the piece sticking up is not going to snag and get worse.
Sponsored