Took delivery!

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Just took delivery today. Super excited, but have some questions since I was mixed up in the price increase/options adjustment Jeep did.

Pretty much ordered a fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited. Only option I didn’t get was the smokers group. At the time I ordered the cold weather group included the block heater. When the price increase happened I didn’t realize the block heater was removed from that package. On my window sticker it’s not listed either.

Now, I’ve seen some jeeps ordered with the cold weather package during the price increase time period and still got the block heater. Do you think I can make a case to have Jeep add it for free now after the fact. I did order my Jeep thinking I’d get it.

Also, my dealer added 5 wheel locks and gave me the old bolts. The old bolts are just regular. I thought the Jeep came from the factory with at least one locking bolt for the spare tire. I don’t need it now, but just wondering what’s going on.
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I just noticed that, you are correct somewhere down the line they took out engine block heater from cold weather group. I would contact Jeep about it, seems like you were stuck right between the whole switch-a-roo. If you need it, press them on it.

i haven't had the need to use mine in -10F with ED so IMO on a gasser its pretty useless unless you're Alaska resident.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Just took delivery today. Super excited, but have some questions since I was mixed up in the price increase/options adjustment Jeep did.

Pretty much ordered a fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited. Only option I didn’t get was the smokers group. At the time I ordered the cold weather group included the block heater. When the price increase happened I didn’t realize the block heater was removed from that package. On my window sticker it’s not listed either.

Now, I’ve seen some jeeps ordered with the cold weather package during the price increase time period and still got the block heater. Do you think I can make a case to have Jeep add it for free now after the fact. I did order my Jeep thinking I’d get it.

Also, my dealer added 5 wheel locks and gave me the old bolts. The old bolts are just regular. I thought the Jeep came from the factory with at least one locking bolt for the spare tire. I don’t need it now, but just wondering what’s going on.
Congrats on the new JLU!

In regard to the block heater. Yes, I think you can bring this up to the dealer and if necessary get @JeepCares involved and you will get the block heater. In good faith, you ordered the Jeep / made an agreement with the Dealer/Jeep to pay a specific $ amount for a specific JLU build... which included the block heater at the time you made the agreement. Mention this "in good faith" you had. With this said, in a polite manner, approach your dealer about the block heater issue.... and if necessary get @JeepCares involved. You will probably get the block heater. Let us know how you make out.

As for the the lug nuts you got back. The new JLU, when it leaves the factory, is supposed to have 22 regular lug nuts and one Mopar wheel lock. Each wheel has 5 regular lug nuts, the spare has 2 regular lug nuts and 1 Mopar wheel lock.

I assume the dealer opted to give you the $40+ Mopar wheel lock kit which has 5 wheel locks and a wheel lock key. You have a wheel lock on each wheel and 1 on the spare. You should have 1 wheel lock key that will work with all 5 wheel locks. It is important that you go to your JLU and make 100% sure that the wheel lock key you have, does in fact fit/work with all 5 wheel locks. Do safe keep the wheel lock key.

So, I will assume the dealer gave you the 5 wheel locks that were contained in the Mopar wheel lock offering, part # 82215711 as pictured below. You should have been given the wheel lock key that came with the 5 wheel lock offering. Now, the dealer opted to keep the single wheel lock and key that came with the spare from the factory. I'm guessing he gave you back the correct # of lug nuts which is 22 regular lug nuts.
If this is the case, the dealer did you right... I'm saying this as I find no fault for dealer keeping that single wheel lock that came with the JLU. Keeping in mind that the dealer gave you a $40+ complete wheel lock set at no charge to you.

Part # 82215711
kkk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
1 - Block Heater : I don't need it right now, but I am in the military and you never know where you can get stationed next. Also, I feel kinda cheated by Jeep. Not only did I not get what I ordered in good faith, they attempted to raise the price as well. My dealer was able to use the code to keep the pricing the same, but still, it seems Jeep upped the price and removed an option.

2 - Wheel Locks : The dealer DID charge me for the 5 locks. It was part of their protection package that costed me $279. I'm not 100% sure what else was included. It was explained to me when I ordered the Jeep, but I don't recall all the details. It's basically built in profit for the dealer just like the processing fee is. I didn't mind paying it as combined with the $300 processing fee it was still less than Koons Jeep charges for processing which was my alternate dealer. Plus I got the wheel locks that I'm not sure Koons includes. The fee was also mandatory. I tried to negotiate it out, but since they were already below invoice so much I didn't have much leverage. Plus they already had 15 other orders pending in the system, so had no issues selling Jeeps. They wouldn't have walked from the deal before me.

Overall happy with the Jeep and think I (we) got lucky with the pricing...5-6% below invoice. However, with any car deal it irks me when the dealer or manufacturer misrepresents themselves. I just want them to be transparent. Like, hey we're charging you this $279 protection package fee, but it only includes about $100 worth of parts and the rest is profit. Oh, and Jeep changed the pricing on us and removed the block heater. Do you still want to proceed with your order.

For the most part the dealer was transparent, but they still seemed like they were hiding things. On the maxcare warranty they matched pricing I found here and told me the profit they were getting was $100. The cost of the maxcare was $2665. I'm hoping that is the lowest as I haven't found it being bought cheaper by anyone else.

In the long run I don't think this pricing where it's 5% below invoice will last. I think it's a push by FCA and their dealer network to get as many Jeeps out on the road as possible. Once the initial push is done I think pricing will return to normal where you're negotiating from invoice up. Unless demand drops off due to the higher than expected pricing. But I do remember seeing JK Rubicons in the high $40k's, so paying a bit extra for the JL Rubicons is worth it given what you're getting on them that you didn't get with the JKs.
Sponsored