Sponsored

Recommendations for off road summer trip.

AJZ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, next summer we want to do a 8 day road trip in the jlur. Moab? CO, AZ, or?
So far the Jeep is stock so nothing too technical would be nice. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Happy new year
Sponsored

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I would highly recommend Ouray, Silverton, Telluride or in general the SanJuans in CO. The trails arent to challenging but they have some nice obstacles and the views are postcard worthy all day. Lots of old mining and historical sights and perfect weather if you go in late August usually.

We go almost every year and that area is about my favorite place to just relax and get outdoors. You can also take the train from Silverton to Durango if your looking for a break from some trails. In these pics the only mods were a bumper and winch, engine skid plate and 1 inch puck in the front to lvl it out after the bumper and winch.

pics from my last trip with our old wrangler.
FullSizeRender202_zps7gdg0ybk.jpg

FB_IMG_1442607200069_zpso5bidfpv.jpg
FB_IMG_1439032504888_zps9s4rg8ew.jpg

OP
OP
AJZ

AJZ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thx, very nice! I’ll add it to our list and look online for travel info stuff.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would highly recommend Ouray, Silverton, Telluride or in general the SanJuans in CO. The trails arent to challenging but they have some nice obstacles and the views are postcard worthy all day. Lots of old mining and historical sights and perfect weather if you go in late August usually.

We go almost every year and that area is about my favorite place to just relax and get outdoors. You can also take the train from Silverton to Durango if your looking for a break from some trails. In these pics the only mods were a bumper and winch, engine skid plate and 1 inch puck in the front to lvl it out after the bumper and winch.

pics from my last trip with our old wrangler.
FullSizeRender202_zps7gdg0ybk.jpg

FB_IMG_1442607200069_zpso5bidfpv.jpg
FB_IMG_1439032504888_zps9s4rg8ew.jpg
I see you did Black Bear Pass, nice. I am planning on a trip to the area in the summer, right now I have a Sport S with 2.5” lift and 35’s, but throwing around the idea of looking into a 2019 JLUR. Everything I have seen about that area is perfect.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I see you did Black Bear Pass, nice. I am planning on a trip to the area in the summer, right now I have a Sport S with 2.5” lift and 35’s, but throwing around the idea of looking into a 2019 JLUR. Everything I have seen about that area is perfect.
A heavily modified jeep isn't really needed for the large portion of stuff to do there. Your sport will be more than up to the task! You could always rent a new jlur out there and try it out. We love to visit the Switzerland of America jeep rental place even tho we've never rented one they are super friendly and very knowledgeable of the area.
They won't let you take a rental on Black Bear but your jeep will be fine. Just put it in low and let it crawl the steps and that's the most puckering part really.

https://soajeep.com

Sponsored

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
I’ve got to agree with @bumpit on the Ouray area. It’s also one of my favorites. The San Juan’s are beautiful any time of the year and the trails into the old mining districts are a lot of fun without having a highly modified jeep. You just have to take some of them slow and cautiously. I think you can check out a number of them on YouTube....and I would recommend that you do that. Especially for Black Bear...not knowing your level of “exhilaration”.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A heavily modified jeep isn't really needed for the large portion of stuff to do there. Your sport will be more than up to the task! You could always rent a new jlur out there and try it out. We love to visit the Switzerland of America jeep rental place even tho we've never rented one they are super friendly and very knowledgeable of the area.
They won't let you take a rental on Black Bear but your jeep will be fine. Just put it in low and let it crawl the steps and that's the most puckering part really.

https://soajeep.com
I’m not looking at a Rubicon solely for this trip, it’s just an idea. Yeah, everything I’ve read, I’m pretty sure I’d have no problem on Black Bear with my Sport. I love the area, and I am super excited for the trip. Whenever I watch videos it just gets me that more stoked for the trip. I have a buddy that lives in that area also, so hopefully I’ll have a few others to explore the area with that already know it. Don’t plan on anything super technical, just for some fun riding and super views. Thanks for the info on the Jeep rental.
Sponsored