Recommendations for First Aid Training

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
As a firefighter /emt. Who is 6 beers in on New Year’s Eve, I would recommend trying to find a first responder course some where in your local area. You will basically learn to control bleeding and how to split wounds. Which is about all you will be capable to do. You might pick up an emt book on eBay for more basic life support skills. Avoid any als or paramedic skills
Sponsored

OP
OP
TA1ton

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Wapiti; I’ve heard of Stop The Bleed...it was one I was considering. I’m glad to hear that it’s worth it.

@Chocolate Thunder; I have basic first aid knowledge...albeit, a refresher would be good. I would like to learn more than just basic first aid. I hope to never have to use it, but my job and hobbies see me out on the road and out in the middle of nowhere quite often.

@Drveovru; be safe tonight buddy and have a happy new year! Thanks for the advice...After reading the description for a couple of the first responder courses, I think this type of class would be perfect coupled with like a wilderness first aid style class.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of good info in here. I made my own FAK based off of things I’ve personally had to do for the numerous crashes I’ve been to: TQ, wound packing gauze, SAM splint etc... I’d take your FAK to the firehouse and ask the gang what each thing is for and when/how to properly use it. Then take that wilderness first aid course.
Sponsored