Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
Hi,

don’t shoot me for asking.
I did my research but I did not try these tires. I want to replace my 33” BFG Tako-s with another set of 33” but I want to try something new.
I need a hybrid as my JLU is my daily driver and I want to start trailing more (in Central Florida). I also drive quite a lot on highways when going to the Keys to dive.
So my selected options are:
- Toyo Open Country A/T III (not the II)
- Falken Wildpeak AT3W
- Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP
Aaaaaand the wildcard
- Milestar Patagonia M/T (there is so much rave about these I just had to)

so what do you guys think?
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Also take a look at the MickeyThompson ATZ P3. These are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I put over 120,000 miles between two sets and they worked in all environments from coast to coast. For FL. they will handle heavy rain slicked roads, moderate mud and soft silty sand with ease and confidence. They lean more towards the MT side of the AT/MT hybrid designs.

MickeyThompson is owned by Cooper tires and is their premiere off road tire line up. They are U.S made if that matters to you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation: All Terrain/Hybrid 6CDEE1C6-C411-4515-864A-4E3010CB67FE

Super tough MickeyThompson ATZ P3 in “35s” show here on my prior JKU.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently on a set of 38x13.50 Milestar Pat's. I've yet to see how they handle snow, which isn't a concern to Floridians, but I've gone through plenty of rain that you can definitely relate to. In everything from that initial rain that raises the road grime but hasn't yet run it off to full on torrential downpours with partially submerged roads, they've been great. Knock on wood, not one instance of tire slip. Another thing I like about these tires is its rounded tread in between beads. On road, I'm not getting the unnecessary float and friction of the 13.5" width. Off road and aired down, the M/T lugs are fully engaged allowing full use of the large contract patch for traction and floatation.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation: All Terrain/Hybrid 20200628_200652_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation: All Terrain/Hybrid 20200525_140825

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Patagonia's aren't bad on snowy/ice covered road. They're definitely not as good as a true all terrain, like a KO2, but deliver sufficient traction and are "predictable".

Off road, again they're not bad. On the rocky trails I frequently encounter, they provide decent grip. They tend to slip a little on rocks, but keep on climbing. On the same obstacles, other MT's (like KM3's and STT Pros) won't slip at all. I have not used them on wet/muddy trails yet, but have heard and seen videos where they lack traction and grip in these conditions. Their sidewalls seem strong enough in the rocks.

So as a Hybrid, they're not a bad choice. My 37's balance well but I have to re-balance them every 3k miles. If not, I will start to feel a slight wobble. I use 36 psi front and rear and have experienced even tread wear with no cupping or feathering. For a budget tire, they're a great buy. Just don't expect the tread life and traction from them as a higher priced, mainline tire.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Running 295/70/17 Pats now but Toyo AT III will almost surely be my next tire, they have the size I want 285/75/17 in a C-rated, and a 50k ,mileage warranty, snow rated, not too heavy and have had great results from previous Toyo street & truck tires.

Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
I'll be going with Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 35's.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Toyo ATIIIs will be my next tire. Load Range C, 3 peak snow rating, comes in a 35x11.50 flavor.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Take a look at Cooper Discoverer ATP. I have them on my Duramax and like them. I'm also curious about Dick Cepek tires as I plan to get some whenever my JL arrives. I remember they were the shit back in the day when my dad was lifting trucks! Keep in mind that Cooper owns Dick Cepek and Mickey Thompson these days so while the tread and looks may be different, the internal construction and rubber compounds may be similar.
Sponsored