Rear window fluid dripping

AREYOUFUS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 KL TrailHawk, 1996 ZJ
At dealer, still in delivery mode. I highly doubt anyone has tried to use the rear window washer
IMG_20180602_194400.jpg
Sponsored

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've never used the rear window wiper or spray but mine is dripping/leaking too.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine quit dripping awhile back but I disconnected the line inside and blew it dry and have not used it since so nothing to drip out now.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have drilled a whole in the windshield washer reservoir cap and removed the caps inner gasket and still on occasion it drips.

Cap used to pop off on it's own all the time ,but no more since I removed the inner cap gasket.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but mine doesn't drip when the reservior is full or close to full. It drips if it gets down to about half way. I did the hole in the cap, too, and it still dripped. I topped it off, and no drip. Weird. I've got the soft top on now, so it's a moot point until Fall.

Sponsored

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have drilled a whole in the windshield washer reservoir cap and removed the caps inner gasket and still on occasion it drips.

Cap used to pop off on it's own all the time ,but no more since I removed the inner cap gasket.
Same, I'm just happy the cap stays on at this point now. Gasket was way too thick. Also still dripping.

IMG_20180530_130844.jpg

IMG_20180530_130851.jpg

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At dealer, still in delivery mode. I highly doubt anyone has tried to use the rear window washer
IMG_20180602_194400.jpg
Yeah it drips entirely on it's own without use. It's just a garbage design. Wipes off with Windex though. Every JL I've seen has the "streak."

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Yep, looks like a wayward bird crapped down the back glass! My hose at the back glass is plugged until someone comes up with a fix. We never use it much anyway but it would be nice if it was working in case it was needed.

ynoolJL

First Name
Ynool
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I dropped by the local Jeep store yesterday to kill some time and 8 of the 11 hard tops on the lot had the leak. It is not a fatal flaw but it is very annoying for those who want to keep the Jeep looking clean.
We saw that too a couple of weeks ago. It was off putting. We still ordered the hard top...

ynoolJL

First Name
Ynool
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I have good news everyone, drilling a hole in the washer fluid tank lid solved my leaking rear washer nozzle. I also noticed the lid hasn’t popped open anymore either most likely due to not having the pressure built up in the tank. It’s been a week but I will continue to monitor the situation and report back if it starts leaking again.

3B44B21A-6831-4B9F-A501-B397907FF6B0.jpeg
LOL... I see. Thanks!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Drilled a hole in the windshield fluid reservoir cap, removed the grey gasket material on the cap and I keep the fluid reservoir full. Since doing this I rarely see a drip. Maybe a drip twice in the last 20 days.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drilled a hole in the windshield fluid reservoir cap, removed the grey gasket material on the cap and I keep the fluid reservoir full. Since doing this I rarely see a drip. Maybe a drip twice in the last 20 days.
Yep, I concur. I don't notice the window streaking as much, still drips ever so often. Although more importantly, the fluid cap has stayed nice and snug!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It obviously has something to do with pressure in the line. I find that the more I use mine, the less it drips. I guess because it stays primed up and doesn't lose pressure that way. I dunno.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep replied back to me saying they're aware of the rear sprayer issue and are working on a fix.

"Regarding rear fluid drip - this is on our radar. A fix is being worked on, but there is no ETA for it being released at this time. We will work on updating the public threads on this when we get any new information."

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
So, I took our JL in for it's first service yesterday through the Wave program and also had the dealership check a a few minor concerns, including the rear washer nozzle leaking down the rear window. As soon as I mentioned the leak to him, he immediately said he was aware of the issue as they had seen it on many JK's and they were wondering if the JL would have the same issue. Apparently mine was the first JL to come in for service at this particular dealer. They confirmed the issue was the same they had seen before and stated the fix was to replace the small washer fluid hose from the rear hard top connector that goes up through the hard top to the rear washer nozzle with a larger diameter hose. They said the issue is in fact pressure buildup in the hose that goes through the hardtop pushing washer fluid out of the nozzle and that they had resolved it by replacing with a larger hose that can accommodate the pressure fluctuations without pushing washer fluid out the rear nozzle and down the window. His explanation made sense and the fact that they stock the larger hoses for this repair made me feel like maybe this could be the real fix but time will tell. It has only been 24 hours but so far so good. I will report back in a few days to let you all know if it is holding up or not.
Sponsored