emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm starting a led lighting project on my new JLU. First off, I wanted to add some accessory lights to the rear of the Wrangler where it wasn't going to interfere with departure angles and visibility out the back.

I decided on mounting two, 6 inch led light bars on either side of the high mount brake light. I needed a bracket that allowed me to easily mount the lights and aesthetically blend in with the back of the Wrangler. I recently received a front license plate mount bracket for off road lights as I was originally going to use this for mounting a 20" led light in the front. I've decided on another mounting option for the front, so I wasn't going to use the mounting bracket. This bracket works surprisingly well for my rear led light project!

At this point I've temporarily zip tied the bracket to the high-mount brake light and attached the led light bars. I will update this thread when I permanently affix the mounting bracket, and wire the light bars.

Parts list:
Pics:

20181217_120947.jpg

20181217_121013.jpg

20181217_121024.jpg

20181217_121102.jpg
Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
looks good! There are quite a few "backup light" threads in the Lighting forum you might want to post this in there as well to give people the idea

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
Good idea @emdub. Have you made a more permanent way of mounting the bracket? I have two lights I'm going to mount rear facing and I like this option.
Sponsored