Rear Led Light Cubes

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Not really a fan of mounting lights to the underside of the bumper due to the increased likelihood of damaging or tearing them off while wheeling. Having said that, I did do just that on my wife’s Ram, however we won’t wheel that the same as we wheel our Jeep.

One thing I’m wondering, is it the Mopar 3rd brake light relocation bracket will that bracket handle any additional weight installed to it. If the mount will handle a few pounds I’d imagine all your’d need is some aluminum flat stock and the LED’s you want to install.

I ran this set up on my JK using the Teraflex 3rd brake light/license plate relocation bracket with 4” aluminum angle with Baja Designs Squardon Sports (originally Rigid Duallies) installed for years without any rattles or issues.
10858631_869804136388130_5722604118155934621_n.jpg
Sponsored

Rickg667

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 62 CJ-5, 54 m38a1, 52 m38a1c
Not really a fan of mounting lights to the underside of the bumper due to the increased likelihood of damaging or tearing them off while wheeling. Having said that, I did do just that on my wife’s Ram, however we won’t wheel that the same as we wheel our Jeep.

One thing I’m wondering, is it the Mopar 3rd brake light relocation bracket will that bracket handle any additional weight installed to it. If the mount will handle a few pounds I’d imagine all your’d need is some aluminum flat stock and the LED’s you want to install.

I ran this set up on my JK using the Teraflex 3rd brake light/license plate relocation bracket with 4” aluminum angle with Baja Designs Squardon Sports (originally Rigid Duallies) installed for years without any rattles or issues.
10858631_869804136388130_5722604118155934621_n.jpg
I plan on mounting my light above the tire, I don’t think the jeep product will hold the additional weight, going to use some aluminum bar stock I have laying around and slide it into the factory tire bracket. Essentially have the led where the 3rd brake light was...

emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Here's a thread I just started on my rear led light project. I'm mounting two 6" light bars on either side of the high-mount brake light. I've included a parts list in the thread. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rear-led-light-mount-option.20112/
I really like the following idea:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...unting-backup-lights-in-the-spare-tire.18588/

The problem I see is that the light spread would be limited because of the spare. Yours looks like it wouldn't have any issue with that, but are up with the third brake light in the way. I'm still thinking I need a CHMSL that also holds the aux backup light.

emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the following idea:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...unting-backup-lights-in-the-spare-tire.18588/

The problem I see is that the light spread would be limited because of the spare. Yours looks like it wouldn't have any issue with that, but are up with the third brake light in the way. I'm still thinking I need a CHMSL that also holds the aux backup light.

I REALLY like how the backup light in the spare looks. It looks so clean and minimal, however I agree with you that the light spread might be limited. With the option I'm going, I'll be able to turn the light bars pretty far to the sides. Although, I am limited in how far I can turn the light bars as they will impede the rear wiper.
Sponsored