Sponsored

Rear Fender Liner Recommendations?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I've chopped the fenders and tried to reuse the rear factory inner liner...but it doesnt look great with gaps. Does anybody have a recommendation for a clean looking rear liner that isn't $350+? Pics are appreciated!
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man! Was dealing with the same issue, as I've recently cut the fenders to address a few clearance issues while flexed. If you get some washer head sheet metal screws, you can drill a few strategic holes in the body to secure the stock liner (just inside the lip of the fender). It actually works pretty well, though you'll likely need 6 to 8 screws on each side.

If you go this round, try to leave a bit of extra liner while test fitting, and trim afterwards as needed.

Good luck, hope all is well!

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hey man! Was dealing with the same issue, as I've recently cut the fenders to address a few clearance issues while flexed. If you get some washer head sheet metal screws, you can drill a few strategic holes in the body to secure the stock liner (just inside the lip of the fender). It actually works pretty well, though you'll likely need 6 to 8 screws on each side.

If you go this round, try to leave a bit of extra liner while test fitting, and trim afterwards as needed.

Good luck, hope all is well!
Hey...I ordered Motobilt rear liners and they should be here this week. Will post pics..

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
9DF00D9B-A67E-471F-B3AE-9803978975A2.jpeg
5CD612A1-A057-4AB1-9199-F601DEC7C920.jpeg
American adventure lab, before and after. Their inner fender liner kit provides hardware to secure the chopped rear fender to the body.

jl_misfit

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I chopped my fenders too and reused the stock inners. The stock rears aren’t too bad but the huge gap in the front liners leaves a lot of room for mud and rocks to enter the engine bay. There are a lot of options for inners but I wanted something with full coverage because Georgia mud is no joke. The ones I considered were:

American Adventure Labs are badass because they can be quickly disconnected. They’re on back order though and kinda pricey. If money weren’t an issue, this would’ve been my go to choice.

IMO Artec liners look great too and are meant to work with chopped fenders. A little less pricey than AAL’s but no powder coated option.

I ended up ordering some Rugged Ridge front inner liners because of the cost and the description says they’re meant to work with chopped OEM fenders, and they’re already powder coated black. I’m eyeing JCR offroad’s rear liners for the same reasons.

I’ll upload some installed pics of the Rugged Ridge fronts when they ever arrive.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
That’s awesome. AAL were my pick bc they had an option for King shocks cut-out.

jl_misfit

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Rugged Ridge front inner fenders:

112C8E96-4394-4B58-8575-334BF17B9958.jpeg

They’re not as high-speed as the AAL inners but were half the price. I’m happy with them.

Soli

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Moab
I have a pair of brand new dv8 rear inner fender liners black with the vent..ordered them and never installed..never opened the box they came in..dm me for details if interested

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Hey...I ordered Motobilt rear liners and they should be here this week. Will post pics..
Do you have any pictures? I was considering these but haven't seen a lot of pictures of them installed. How well do the cover the rear of the wheel well? And did you have to drill any holes?

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Do you have any pictures? I was considering these but haven't seen a lot of pictures of them installed. How well do the cover the rear of the wheel well? And did you have to drill any holes?
Install info is linked below....I did install a rivnut. 37" tires barely fit and rub a bit stuffing a 37 with 1.5" bumpstops. I'm prob going to push rear lower piece back a bit and add a little bolt through body to hold it back further.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rt-s-rubi-axle-t-case-swap.19973/post-1102854
Sponsored