Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How did you fix this, did you go to dealer or you fix it yourself?
If you’re still under warranty, the best option is to let your dealership handle the repair. I believe there’s a TSB on it.
Sponsored

Lito

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door JL 2018
Yeah I took mine to the dealer it was under warranty. They replaced the whole window. It happen again though.

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
If you’re still under warranty, the best option is to let your dealership handle the repair. I believe there’s a TSB on it.
That is correct my Maint Super showed me the TSB. It tells them how to fix it and the only kit they recommend and must be used. If after two times they will order a new lift gate. Mine was repaired and so far it is fine.

swmartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
This has been happening to me since I bought my Rubicon in 2018. It's now happened to me 7 times. Out of the 7 times they replaced the glass 3 times and it falls off 2-4 weeks later. It's clearly a flawed design on the 2018 and up jeeps. I've been fighting with Chrysler for months because they keep charging me deductibles. The only way they will service this as recalls is if everyone starts open Chrysler service tickets. Lets get it started. This will be my last Jeep if they don't recall it and keep giving me the run around This is my 2nd wrangler and a grand Cherokee in the past - Never had this problem with any of the others.

The best part is, when I told the Chrysler lady this is known big issue sine they released the JL, she told me she doesn't believe anything on these threads. She'll believe it when Chrysler does a recall. Great customer service over at Chrysler.
Sponsored