Sponsored

Rattle inside Passenger Front Door

ksmit88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After further review, the sound is associated with my freedom top...and bad Louisiana roads. I’m currently experimenting with fixes to the rattle on the top. Partially opening one of the L shaped levers seems to reduce the rattle a good bit but that’s not a permanent fix.
Sponsored

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Same thing happened to my rear driver door.

But they’re replacing my entire Jeep bc of my ECU not being fixed in 4 attempts.

ksmit88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing happened to my rear driver door.

But they’re replacing my entire Jeep bc of my ECU not being fixed in 4 attempts.
They’re replacing the entire Jeep? Dang.

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
After further review, the sound is associated with my freedom top...and bad Louisiana roads. I’m currently experimenting with fixes to the rattle on the top. Partially opening one of the L shaped levers seems to reduce the rattle a good bit but that’s not a permanent fix.
I took my Jeep in for this same issue. The tech worked on it for almost half a day trying to trouble shoot. Basically the freedom top on driver side makes a ticking sound like the roof/door/frame are not making a good connection. If I push up on the freedom panel the sound subsides. The ticking sound only happens when the vehicle is at speeds above 35mph. The dealerships only answer is they want to get a freedom top from another JL (good luck finding one on a lot) and see if the issue is with the freedom panel. That doesn't seem to be fair for me to wait and wait to bring my JL back only until they have another vehicle's freedom panels to test. Is that even allowed to take them off another persons JL and test on mine?

Seem fishy. Your feedback is appreciated!!!

SWIRVN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (ordered)
I have a similar rattle and found that it’s near the weatherstripping near the bottom of the window on the outside of the door. If I press below the window (drivers door) there is a lot of flex and makes the weatherstripping move. Almost feel that the outer door shell has separated from the inner door if that’s how it’s built.

Need to take it in to have them look at it but not looking forward to it. Probably to tell me it’s a JEEP thing or normal...

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My new 2016 TRD Offroad 4WD Tacoma rear door speakers didn't work with the door closed, only when they were open. It was a loose connector inside the door. Took three service visits to fix...

Check the torque on the bolts on your rear portion of the freedom top. They need to be gut-n- tight on the front ones especially.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I get the same on bumps somewhere in my front driver side door. Have no idea where it’s coming from. At first I thought maybe there was slack in the hinge bolts and the door was sliding up and down the hinge pins ‍♂

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I get the same on bumps somewhere in my front driver side door. Have no idea where it’s coming from. At first I thought maybe there was slack in the hinge bolts and the door was sliding up and down the hinge pins ‍♂
Did you ever get this sorted? My passenger front door has a rattle over certain bumps and occasionally hard braking...thought it was behind the B-pillar trim at first but narrowed it to the door by taking the thing off and driving it around...no rattle. The weird thing is I can’t replicate the sound shaking the door either on or off the hinges.

Maverick1999

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Did you ever get this sorted? My passenger front door has a rattle over certain bumps and occasionally hard braking...thought it was behind the B-pillar trim at first but narrowed it to the door by taking the thing off and driving it around...no rattle. The weird thing is I can’t replicate the sound shaking the door either on or off the hinges.
I think you and I have the same issue. My front passenger door sounds like there is something rattling within it. I’m considering taking the door panel off and assessing the interior of the door to see if there is in fact something within the door. I saw on another thread somewhere that someone had a loose wire that was causing the noise. Let me know if you figure out a fix.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you and I have the same issue. My front passenger door sounds like there is something rattling within it. I’m considering taking the door panel off and assessing the interior of the door to see if there is in fact something within the door. I saw on another thread somewhere that someone had a loose wire that was causing the noise. Let me know if you figure out a fix.
I took the panel off and nothing was loose...I think it’s either the insulation or crash protection bar deep inside the door as was mentioned by @LJtoJL

Sponsored

Maverick1999

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I took the panel off and nothing was loose...I think it’s either the insulation or crash protection bar deep inside the door as was mentioned by @LJtoJL
Good to know, I’ll be making an appointment at the dealer shortly to try and get this all sorted. Thanks for the help!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sorry to hear of these door concerns! If either of you are still experiencing issues, please reach out. We would be happy to discuss further with you to see where we can assist.

Kate
Jeep Cares

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update regarding my JLURD. After my dealer was unable to diagnose the issue, @JeepCares helped to coordinate a second evaluation at another dealer. They also could not identify the problem so it was referred to their affiliated body shop for evaluation. They managed to (not surprisingly) find that the same intrusion beam issue discussed here was in-fact the the problem…adhesive let go and their fix was a completely new door shell. Being in AK, that took a while to get up here, painted, fitted, xpel reapplied, but 5 months after I started this process and 11 months after I first heard the rattle, it’s gone. Here’s to hoping another 20,000 hard miles doesn’t yield the same problem because then it’ll be out of warranty.
Sponsored