Rain Gutter 'Extensions/Block'

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Has anyone come up with a solution to keep rain from sluicing down on the seats when you open the doors.
I know that one manufacturer came out with gutter extensions for Pre-JL models that ran toward the A-Pillar to
channel the rain. Has anyone tried to block the front end of the gutters to force the rain to only drain to the rear, or would the gutters simply overflow?

Update: I put a small plug of black RTV Silicon sealant on the front of the front gutters. I used a garden hose flow onto the roof. The gutters directed all of the flow to the gap between the front and rear doors. The Rubi was parked in a horizontal driveway. Pitched forward, I am sure that the gutters would overflow into the front seats.
So, I am still waiting for the forward gutter extensions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

sjromeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Hopefully someone is working on an after market fix for this problem. I honestly don’t mind it too much but my interior dash or my wife may not be too happy.

Sponsored

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Bump. This is the wife’s biggest complaint when it rains.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
I was recently (a week or so ago) in contact with truckmasterdesigns, the company that made the rain extensions for the JK, about this. They indicated they are working on a design and hoped to have a prototype “in about three weeks.” So, keep your fingers crossed.

FireCapt304Ret

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I was recently (a week or so ago) in contact with truckmasterdesigns, the company that made the rain extensions for the JK, about this. They indicated they are working on a design and hoped to have a prototype “in about three weeks.” So, keep your fingers crossed.

I placed some Plumbers Putty at the forward end of the rain gutters on the passenger and driver sides and it has been tested by rain. It will still drip/stream some on the rubber floor mats, but stopped the stream onto the seats. It is a whitish color, so I'm going to look the next time I'm at Home Depot for a black colored pliable putty to replace the Plumbers Putty. If an after market comes out that keeps the rain out of the cab totally, I'm interested!

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I placed some Plumbers Putty at the forward end of the rain gutters on the passenger and driver sides and it has been tested by rain. It will still drip/stream some on the rubber floor mats, but stopped the stream onto the seats. It is a whitish color, so I'm going to look the next time I'm at Home Depot for a black colored pliable putty to replace the Plumbers Putty. If an after market comes out that keeps the rain out of the cab totally, I'm interested!
There's a product called "Sugru" that would work perfect for that application.
https://www.amazon.com/Sugru-Moldable-Glue-Family-Safe-Skin-Friendly/dp/B074KMC3TF/

Sponsored

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
I checked back in with truck master designs to see how things were going: turns out the JL redesign has made things more complicated than was anticipated, so work continues. They are aware that there are members here eagerly waiting for a product.

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
Anyone seen an update on this? Yes, holy zombie thread, but I'm curious. I still don't see anything from TruckMasterDesigns for the JL.

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
This Prototype was from Late April/Early May when I asked for an update via email. Indicated they were still working on perfecting the changes to the molds needed to produce the parts.

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

Last edited:

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
This was from Late April/Early May when I asked for an update via email. Indicated they were still working on perfecting the changes to the molds needed to produce the parts.

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

I’ll take a few wet spots in the pants and seat before these ugly things will ever be applied