Sponsored

Rain Cover for hard top freedom panels?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

First I don't want a soft top. I like taking off the freedom panels but thought it would be cool if there was a really fast cover I can throw on when i'm at work or at a place I don't feel like putting the actual freedom panels back on.

The issue is everything I've seen that is basically listed as a sunshade looks like it would take longer to put on then just throwing on the freedom panels again lol Only takes a min or so to put the panels back on but just checking if anyone has any other quick solution for those that may wanna just toss that up instead of putting the top back on.

Thanks !
Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Have you looked at the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtops? I have been running mine that way for the past 4 years and love it.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Have you looked at the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtops? I have been running mine that way for the past 4 years and love it.
Yea but that's a complete swap out and I like the security of the hardtop. Sometimes with work I park in the not so best areas and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it with a soft top on it.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
There isnt anything that would be an actual rain cover that will go on faster than the panels other than a tarp. There are plenty of sunshades that you could leave installed even when the panels are on but they wont stop the rain.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

There isnt anything that would be an actual rain cover that will go on faster than the panels other than a tarp. There are plenty of sunshades that you could leave installed even when the panels are on but they wont stop the rain.
Got ya. Ok so seems like don't be lazy and just put the panels back on lol

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yea but that's a complete swap out and I like the security of the hardtop. Sometimes with work I park in the not so best areas and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it with a soft top on it.
I work in Compton, CA and don't have a garage so I hear you (especially considering the cost of your 392). That said, and knock on wood, so far I havent had any problems. I think part of it is that since the sunrider is only a soft top on the freedom panel area and has support bars that someone could not crawl through, they would have to climb on top of the Jeep, cut the sunrider in just the right place to get a hand down to move the sunvisors and undo the sunrider latches (on both sides), pull the sunrider up and fold it out of the way, and then crawl down inside the Jeep from the top. A thief would probably find a way to pop a door lock or break a window before going through all of that. I can't think of any other sunshade or tarp that would be a fast cover that you could throw on that would be more secure than a framed and interior latching Sunrider for hardtops other than putting the freedom panels back on.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I work in Compton, CA and don't have a garage so I hear you (especially considering the cost of your 392). That said, and knock on wood, so far I havent had any problems. I think part of it is that since the sunrider is only a soft top on the freedom panel area and has support bars that someone could not crawl through, they would have to climb on top of the Jeep, cut the sunrider in just the right place to get a hand down to move the sunvisors and undo the sunrider latches (on both sides), pull the sunrider up and fold it out of the way, and then crawl down inside the Jeep from the top. A thief would probably find a way to pop a door lock or break a window before going through all of that. I can't think of any other sunshade or tarp that would be a fast cover that you could throw on that would be more secure than a framed and interior latching Sunrider for hardtops other than putting the freedom panels back on.
I too work in Compton and I think you underestimate the ingenuity of a tweaker… 😂 They just haven’t found your Jeep yet.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I too work in Compton and I think you underestimate the ingenuity of a tweaker… 😂 They just haven’t found your Jeep yet.
Lol yea I'm not even worried about it being stolen but in this one town I have time frequent my friends mustang convertible the top was cut open for no other reason other then being dickheads. Sad how some people have no respect for others property. The hardtop let's me think less about bozos like that. Sure they can do other things but it is what it is. 🤷

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
First I don't want a soft top. I like taking off the freedom panels but thought it would be cool if there was a really fast cover I can throw on when i'm at work or at a place I don't feel like putting the actual freedom panels back on.

The issue is everything I've seen that is basically listed as a sunshade looks like it would take longer to put on then just throwing on the freedom panels again lol Only takes a min or so to put the panels back on but just checking if anyone has any other quick solution for those that may wanna just toss that up instead of putting the top back on.

Thanks !
I've only had them a week, so the "jury is still out," but so far they're great:

https://eztrunk.net/shop/ols/products/2019-present-jt-ezflip-top-201-prs-jt-zfl

Definitely more expensive that a fabric cover though!!!

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I'd just throw the freedom panels and not attach the latches or anything. Just as fast as anything else just about and costs nothing.
Sponsored