Radio Stuck on Start Up Screen

Dbass7

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited
I don't post much, so forgive me if this is a known issue. I have had my issues with the 5" radio (volume drops, cant use USB because it pops the speakers and completely resets the radio, gets stuck and cant change any settings without powering it down), but last night I had a new issue that was almost dangerous. The radio got stuck on the start up screen at full brightness like I did not have my headlights on. I tried everything I could think of. None of the buttons where functional around the unit. I could barely see to drive with it glaring in my face so I pulled over, shut the jeep off and waited. The screen never went off. I cranked it back up, still stuck there. So on my drive home I try this 4 to 5 times as it was very annoying having to drive with my hand over the screen just so I could see. When I get home I gave it like 10 minutes after parking the jeep and shutting it off and the screen never went off. I finally had to pull the fuse for the unit. Anyone else seen this? Is it too much to ask to have a working radio? I cant even charge my phone using the USB's without it popping and resetting the whole thing. Per the dealer its my phones fault. I'm very frustrated at this point, especially when safety starts being a concern.
Sponsored

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
check your fuses under the hood....seems to be the culprit of alot of issues. Mine is a 2021, and 80% of the fuses were unseated and had to be clicked into place. Same with my neighbor who also has a 2021 Sahara.

OP
OP
Dbass7

Dbass7

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Unlimited
check your fuses under the hood....seems to be the culprit of alot of issues. Mine is a 2021, and 80% of the fuses were unseated and had to be clicked into place. Same with my neighbor who also has a 2021 Sahara.
I have been down that route. Mine is a 2018 so I have been through the fuse panel 6 or 7 times with various issues.
Sponsored