Sponsored

Quoted build/delivery time. Wait... What???

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
So I'm soaking in a hot tub, bored, so I contact Jeep Chat to inquire on the status of my 12/16 ordered JLUSS.

The response was what I expected:

SwatiBhardwaj
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

That was no surprise at all.

BUT then I asked if He/She could tell me the current, average Order to Delivery times they are quoting on 22 orders.

I said I'm assuming 12-16 weeks.

He/She replied and I almost drowned.
His/Her response "7-9 weeks".
Now we all know that is...... wishful thinking at best.

Sadly when I went to question Him/Her further I hit the back key on my phone and lost the chat window.

If you contact JC, ask them the current order to delivery time. I'd be interested to see the responses we get.

I thought I saw an official Stellantis document that said 22s wouldn't deliver until ar least March.
Sponsored

Kiki392

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 392, Ducati Streetfighter V4, BMW M850
Occupation
Finance Manager
So I'm soaking in a hot tub, bored, so I contact Jeep Chat to inquire on the status of my 12/16 ordered JLUSS.

The response was what I expected:

SwatiBhardwaj
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

That was no surprise at all.

BUT then I asked if He/She could tell me the current, average Order to Delivery times they are quoting on 22 orders.

I said I'm assuming 12-16 weeks.

He/She replied and I almost drowned.
His/Her response "7-9 weeks".
Now we all know that is...... wishful thinking at best.

Sadly when I went to question Him/Her further I hit the back key on my phone and lost the chat window.

If you contact JC, ask them the current order to delivery time. I'd be interested to see the responses we get.

I thought I saw an official Stellantis document that said 22s wouldn't deliver until ar least March.
I work at a Jeep dealership and we have had several 22's (of various trim levels, two door and unlimited), arrive and delivered to their owners.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I thought I saw an official Stellantis document that said 22s wouldn't deliver until ar least March
There was a document sent out to dealers quoting an average delivery time of 20-24 weeks for wranglers, but there's been discussion that that is for dealer inventory vehicles rather than customer orders.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I also work at a dealership and have a JLURD that I ordered 12/9/21. It has been in D1 status since 12/16 and has an estimated ship date of 1/24/22. Last spring, my coworker ordered a 4xe Sahara and it arrived in three weeks. Sold orders are being prioritized. Do you know what your order status and have they assigned you a ship date?

Sponsored

Nogifighter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 JK ā€˜22 JLU
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
I ordered 10/12 and was told 6-8 weeks. We are at week 13 and they still havenā€™t scheduled/gathered the parts to build mine. JC is full of shit with the 7-9 week timeline unless itā€™s a Rubicon with every box checked.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I also work at a dealership and have a JLURD that I ordered 12/9/21. It has been in D1 status since 12/16 and has an estimated ship date of 1/24/22. Last spring, my coworker ordered a 4xe Sahara and it arrived in three weeks. Sold orders are being prioritized. Do you know what your order status and have they assigned you a ship date?
Yes still D. No date assigned.
My 21 ordered in June took 15 weeks.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I ordered 10/12 and was told 6-8 weeks. We are at week 13 and they still havenā€™t scheduled/gathered the parts to build mine. JC is full of shit with the 7-9 week timeline unless itā€™s a Rubicon with every box checked.
You begin counting the weeks from when 2022 JL orders started being built, December 16th. 13 weeks is in March.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
H
I ordered 10/12 and was told 6-8 weeks
This is the result of a poor dealer giving you intentionally bad information. They knew in October that production wasn't even starting until mid December, so they quoted you a time they knew was impossible.

Sponsored

Kiki392

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 392, Ducati Streetfighter V4, BMW M850
Occupation
Finance Manager
Yes still D. No date assigned.
My 21 ordered in June took 15 weeks.
I ordered mine (JLUR392) 12/23. It has been in D status since 12/27. Special orders tend to jump to D status with a vin fairly quick.
I find myself checking our dealer connect every hour to see if there has been any updates. That does not help at all. LOL!

Nogifighter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 JK ā€˜22 JLU
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
H

This is the result of a poor dealer giving you intentionally bad information. They knew in October that production wasn't even starting until mid December, so they quoted you a time they knew was impossible.
I knew going in that production wouldnā€™t start till mid December. The source of my frustration is seeing jeeps ordered Nov/Dec rolling off the line already and they donā€™t even have an anticipated date for mine. I ordered a Willys JLU 3.6MT 8.4 Radio and premium top. Iā€™ve seen jeeps with every option i have on cryptostickers ordered after mine but yet I remain in D status purgatory.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I personally wouldn't expect the Jeep Chat folks to have a clue as to what the average lead times are running.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Donā€™t you know that ā€œSwatiBhardwajā€ is Hindu for ā€œItā€™ll get there when it gets thereā€?

I ordered my 392 last September 5th. Didnā€™t appear in my garage until around December 29th. And that was considered a rather quick delivery considering what other people were going through. Parts shortages are a real and lingering issue. Probably labor and transportation shortages too.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
A watched pot never boils. Your Jeep will arrive when it arrives.
This.

My Jeep was built right before Christmas. I didn't care about it until I saw it was built. Now I'm working hard trying to manage expectations.
Sponsored

Last edited: