Questions About LED Upgrade

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Trying to plan my future mods, and I need to know if I'm on the right track with these LED upgrades.

1. Mopar LED taillights. I'm pretty sure these are plug and play, with the potential for Tazer coding.

2. Mopar LED foglights. I'm pretty sure these are also plug and play with Tazer coding.

3. Mopar LED turns/DRLs. I think these are plug and play with Tazer coding since I have a Rubicon.

4. Mopar LED headlights. Here's where it gets tricky. I know the headlights themselves are plug and play with Tazer coding, but most people have to run the new halo wires back to the BCM. However, I have found three instances of people saying they already had the extra wire in their existing headlight harness. Am I able to just unplug the connector at the back of my one of my headlights to check for the 4th wire?
Sponsored

rjazorx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
I did the conversion from halogen to LEDs on my '21 sahara just like what you will be doing.

1&2) The mopar LED taillights and foglights were pretty much plug and play for me and did not require any settings to be changed with a tazer.

3) The mopar LED Drls were plug and play but did require settings to be changed to LED with the tazer. The hardest to install out of all the LED pieces but wasn't too bad.

4) The mopar LED headlights were extremely easy to install and were plug and play for me. All of the 2021 JL Wranglers have the 4th wire from the factory to power the halos. So you can disregard the cable harness that comes with the kit if you have a '21. You will need the tazer to enable the halos and to have the headlight themselves function properly. My high beams were not working properly prior to changing the settings with the tazer. Hardest part about this install was finding the actual headlights since they are back-ordered everywhere.