Question about SEMA 2020

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Another possible way for someone to get to SEMA...

MORryde (http://www.morryde.com/product-category/9-jeep-accessories) regularly borrows my JKU for shows, the photo below is my JKU on display at the most recent SEMA Show. They like using my JKU because it's a bit unique and it's well-equipped for overlanding with many of their products like the Trail Kitchen.

Sometimes they ask to use my Jeep in a show and I'm unable to attend - last year I couldn't attend Overland West, so I found someone in a forum who was willing to have their Jeep in the show. In exchange, they received all of the products MORryde wanted installed on the Jeep for the show (and admission to the show of course).

I attend SEMA every year under my own name and it's a lot easier and less work if I don't also have to have my Jeep on display during the show. I've been trying to do fewer shows going forward (I won't be lending my Jeep for display at the Easter Jeep Safari vendor expo this year, for example), and I'd be very happy if I didn't have to have my Jeep at SEMA this fall.

When a company like MORryde wants my Jeep but I'm unable (or unwilling) to provide it for that show, I can post show opportunities in the forum it people are interested in lending their Jeep for display.

MORrydeBooth1_zpsolbfzhra.jpg
Sponsored

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Another possible way for someone to get to SEMA...

MORryde (http://www.morryde.com/product-category/9-jeep-accessories) regularly borrows my JKU for shows, the photo below is my JKU on display at the most recent SEMA Show. They like using my JKU because it's a bit unique and it's well-equipped for overlanding with many of their products like the Trail Kitchen.

Sometimes they ask to use my Jeep in a show and I'm unable to attend - last year I couldn't attend Overland West, so I found someone in a forum who was willing to have their Jeep in the show. In exchange, they received all of the products MORryde wanted installed on the Jeep for the show (and admission to the show of course).

I attend SEMA every year under my own name and it's a lot easier and less work if I don't also have to have my Jeep on display during the show. I've been trying to do fewer shows going forward (I won't be lending my Jeep for display at the Easter Jeep Safari vendor expo this year, for example), and I'd be very happy if I didn't have to have my Jeep at SEMA this fall.

When a company like MORryde wants my Jeep but I'm unable (or unwilling) to provide it for that show, I can post show opportunities in the forum it people are interested in lending their Jeep for display.

MORrydeBooth1_zpsolbfzhra.jpg
Sign me up. I easlily have the nicest jeep here :) :) I have both the hardtop and soft top. Since this picture was taken I've added Full arctic skids powder coated red as well as other Metalcloak armor also painted red. Plus metal cloak pumpkins that will be painted blue with the M painted red. I work from home, make plenty of dough and can travel anywhere while working.
jeep.jpg

Forgot, I will also be having 2 stealthbox'es installed along with Focal utopia speakers and amps , Baja design LP9's and some other stuff in the spring. They are in my trunk waiting for nicer weather so I can drive the Jeep as i dont drive it in the winter. Pic also doesnt show my externally mounted Powertank in blue. (MAN, I've spent way too much on this jeep)

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sign me up. I easlily have the nicest jeep here :) :) I have both the hardtop and soft top. Since this picture was taken I've added Full arctic skids powder coated red as well as other Metalcloak armor also painted red. Plus metal cloak pumpkins that will be painted blue with the M painted red. I work from home, make plenty of dough and can travel anywhere while working.
jeep.jpg

Forgot, I will also be having 2 stealthbox'es installed along with Focal utopia speakers and amps , Baja design LP9's and some other stuff in the spring. They are in my trunk waiting for nicer weather so I can drive the Jeep as i dont drive it in the winter. Pic also doesnt show my externally mounted Powertank in blue. (MAN, I've spent way too much on this jeep)
What a company like MORryde would be looking for is a Jeep could draw people into the booth and be a good way to show off their products. A Jeep with too many other third party products would probably detract attention from their products. They've been focusing on Overlanding products in the past year or two so a Jeep that's outfitted tastefully for Overlanding and still has room for their products like the Trail Kitchen would be perfect. A Jeep with a roof top tent would definitely be a plus.

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
That's usually all right. Thank you to the forum member (I don't put his name by discretion) for contacting me and who should be able to provide me with tickets!

I hope that the SEMA 2020 will print them very soon and send them to their members, on my side I will still have to organize hotel reservations and especially plane tickets for a long trip.

I look forward to meeting you at the SEMA (even if I don't speak English, people with me will be able to translate live).:like: :) :clap:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oups :whew:

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tickets get sent very close to the event. I think I got mine like two weeks prior and ordered on the first day so don’t count on that.
That's correct, tickets go on sale usually in April but they're mailed a few weeks before the show.

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for this clarification :like:

If they are in the wind before then (in April it will be soon), then I could pay them to the member who offered to help me.

This way, on his side, he will have no financial risk and above all, he will not think that I could be a dishonest person.
Sponsored