Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Included in this firmware version
  • Adds Anchor Mode (Lock all 4 brakes and hold)
  • Press brake firmly and pull hi beam stalk. All 4 brakes will hold indefinitely until accelerator pressed. Works in conjunction with Winch and Cooldown modes as well
Does this feature work with the engine off? Helpful for mounting or rotating wheels.
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
How would brake lock help change or rotate wheels vs being in park and/or parking brake on? Not being an asshole, just curious.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Included in this firmware version
  • Adds Anchor Mode (Lock all 4 brakes and hold)
  • Press brake firmly and pull hi beam stalk. All 4 brakes will hold indefinitely until accelerator pressed. Works in conjunction with Winch and Cooldown modes as well
Does this feature work with the engine off? Helpful for mounting or rotating wheels.
My guess is no. It’s a live feature like winch mode that only works with the engine running.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
How would brake lock help change or rotate wheels vs being in park and/or parking brake on? Not being an asshole, just curious.
Parking brake doesn’t help with the fronts. I’m getting older and not having the rotor spin as I try in vain to put a heavy tire on the studs would help me to get it placed on there easily on the first try.

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Parking brake doesn’t help with the fronts. I’m getting older and not having the rotor spin as I try in vain to put a heavy tire on the studs would help me to get it placed on there easily on the first try.
Just put the t-case in 4L and then pull the handbrake.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I never thought of this solution, but you are so right. The dang turning is a pain in the arse.

One solution a friend shared with me seems to work pretty well. I have a mechanincs chair that is on rollers. Sitting in the chair, put the tire on my feet and use my feet to increase the height while placing it on the studs.

a slight rotation of the feet or a free hand to rotate the rotor helps.
Sponsored