Question about +1 vs -12 offset looks

TheArlenG

First Name
Arlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys Sting Gray
Hi All... getting my 20 Willys setup with 35x12.5x17 (17x9) and a 2.5" JKS lift. I want the tires to stick out past the fenders a little but not too much. I've seen some videos/pics that make it appear that the +1 offset will let them go past maybe an inch or so which is good w/me.

I like how it looks in the screenshot below which is supposedly 0 offset, but it's also at an angle. Just want to confirm since the pics and videos aren't always clear.

I figured if it wasn't far out enough I could add 1/2 inch spacers... is that reasonable or are there reasons why I wouldn't want to do that? Thanks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about +1 vs -12 offset looks 1594642156487
Sponsored

terruta

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Hi All... getting my 20 Willys setup with 35x12.5x17 (17x9) and a 2.5" JKS lift. I want the tires to stick out past the fenders a little but not too much. I've seen some videos/pics that make it appear that the +1 offset will let them go past maybe an inch or so which is good w/me.

I like how it looks in the screenshot below which is supposedly 0 offset, but it's also at an angle. Just want to confirm since the pics and videos aren't always clear.

I figured if it wasn't far out enough I could add 1/2 inch spacers... is that reasonable or are there reasons why I wouldn't want to do that? Thanks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about +1 vs -12 offset looks 1594642156487
I just started a new thread not knowing you had one already that is similar
Did you go with +1 or 0?

I was thinking 0 but maybe it’s too much...

let me know.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Did you go with +1 or 0?

let me know.
What size tire are you planning to run? You can go with less offset with larger tires and still maintain the same scrub radius due to camber angle. You will also need less offset with larger/wider tires to keep them from rubbing at full lock/stuff.

OP
OP
TheArlenG

TheArlenG

First Name
Arlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys Sting Gray
Did you go with +1 or 0?

let me know.
Hi terruta.... I went with the +1 and couldn't be happier. The tires stick out just enough and pretty much match what the video shows. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4 tread if that makes sense. JKS recommended 5mm backspace, which is what the +1 offset had. For me... it's perfect.

terruta

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Hey.

I went with 20x9 with 0 offset.
instead of 12.5 I went with 35x11.5

Going on a JL with stock suspension so safer for 11.5. I might lift but later in the futurenow I’m sticking with stock.

I’ll post pics when installed. Thx fellow Jeepers!!!
Sponsored