Quadratec false advertising

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
From time to time I get Quadratec advertising windows in this and some other forums and every time I click on it the actual prices are much higher. For example below the actual price of the top wheel is 189 and the bottom one is 169. What is the point of this false advertising? Just to generate clicks?

Screenshot 2022-04-06 155328.png
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
From time to time I get Quadratec advertising windows in this and some other forums and every time I click on it the actual prices are much higher. For example below the actual price of the top wheel is 189 and the bottom one is 169. What is the point of this false advertising? Just to generate clicks?

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec false advertising Screenshot 2022-04-06 155328
This happens a lot when outsourcing your marketing. The links and the descriptions some times aren't for the same thing.

That ad block was probably coded for something listed at $119 and they didn't update the description in the code. This happens quite often with advertising like this. Yes, Quadratec should be held accountable, but it's for reasons like this that every online retailer has a caveat for pricing you see may not reflect current pricing. Please inquire within, kind of stuff.

Autotrader is a prime example of this type of advertising disconnect. It gives the merchant a bad rap and it's not really their fault.