JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
I wonder if JTops going to come out with a bikini version just for the front freedom panels?
We don't have any plans to come out with a bikini top at this time. For now we will have our hands full redesigning the rest of our products for the JLU! :whew:

I am comfortable paying a reasonable premium for a company that takes pride in paying their employees fairly. Thank you for that.

My intention is to run topless most of the time but it would be nice to take shelter from the So Cal sun when I end up stuck for long periods. Would keeping the shade in the back and "throwing it on" occasionally be realistic?
To that end, what would it look like "down and stored"?
And
Roughly how many minutes to install once you get the hang of it?

Lastly, would it help at all in light rain?

Thanks
We take pride in manufacturing and supporting the people/economy in our new hometown! We are signed up to help sponsor our first Jeep® event and have added multiple new people in manufacturing!

Our top is super quick to install, once you get the buckles set up the first time. Out of the package they need to be adjusted from packing position, but when you take it off after that, you only have to loosen the straps a little bit. The straps clip on and off with our signature, military grade compression buckles which literally take seconds to clip and unclip. I'd say once you have some experience you should be able to get it installed in ...maybe five minutes? It's SUPER easy, in my humble opinion!

Stored, you'd just roll the top as you're taking to off the roll cage to make it easier to reinstall. Our metal rods that make up the support system in the front and rear require it to be rolled versus folded, so it would look like a tube, I guess would be the best shape to describe it.

As for the rain... it is mesh top, rather than solid vinyl so water will inevitably drip through. At 30-40 MPH the shade does help keep water out, but once you stop for a stop sign/light, you will DEFINITELY get wet.

Thanks for your questions! I hope this has helped answer some of them!
Sponsored

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Are you still on track to ship next week the tops for the JL 4 doors? I already pre ordered but no updates yet

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We have the JL again tomorrow to run through final fitment testing. We want to make sure we get everything exactly right. We are on track to start shipping on the first, just want to make sure the patterns on the CNC are cutting appropriately and the tops made with those blanks are perfectly fit!

Thank you very much!

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Super excited. Glad to hear. Can I PM my order info to ensure I get out on May 1st. Gotta a trip coming up for Mothers day and really need this before hand.

We have the JL again tomorrow to run through final fitment testing. We want to make sure we get everything exactly right. We are on track to start shipping on the first, just want to make sure the patterns on the CNC are cutting appropriately and the tops made with those blanks are perfectly fit!

Thank you very much!

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Super excited. Glad to hear. Can I PM my order info to ensure I get out on May 1st. Gotta a trip coming up for Mothers day and really need this before hand.
I just checked your order. I see it is for a black, placed on April 12th. There are several orders before yours, so we can't guarantee that it will ship May 1st. That is the day we will start shipping, and we will do our best to get everything out as quickly as we can, but we have to fill orders in the order in which they were received.

Thank you very much!

Sponsored

VinnyV2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 6 speed
I live in Seattle and so rain is always a possibility! I like how your cover goes all the way out to the roll bar widths. Do you have any plans for a more water tight or solid vinyl version? -Even if not 100% non drip, it would go a long way to keeping the hard top off longer.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@VinnyV2 We don’t have any definite plans right now. Our first priority is to bring all our current products up to JL spec. I can definitely add your name to the list of those who’ve requested a vinyl top.

Thank you very much!

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Do you plan to offer the JL shade top in the Toxic camo? I didn't see it as an option on the web site.

Abilene

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2016 JK Sahara, 2018 JL Rubicon
Thank you for your interest, please contact Jimmy in our graphics department and he can help with your request. His email is [email protected]
If we can help with additional questions please let us know...Mike

Sponsored

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
@JTopsUSA Is there a rough estimate of the ETA for the 2-door JL shades? August or September, maybe? I know it has been a waiting nightmare even getting a 2-door delivered.
@Abilene

Last edited:

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
How do you stop the sag in the front section with the freedom panels in? I love the shade with the top off or the freedom panels off, but when installed with everything back on and buttoned up the front sags because there is nowhere to tuck it or attach it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.