travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Any updates to 2 doors?

OK, so here's my quick review of the 2 door platinum shade.

Ahem,...

It's just badass. Period

The materials and craftsmanship are very good.
I've seen other shades and not to blast them, but they are cheaply made. No offense.
Mike was really responsive to my status requests as he went through his R&D on the 2 door version.
Big thumbs up Mike, I can tell you put some thought into this top.

Jtops stitching is top notch, and the fact they use sewn in metal rods to go into the indents on the roll bar to keep the shade taught means NO wind whip.
Shade goes on in just a few minutes.
I had to figure out the web strap situation so it sits nice when they are cinched down, (no instructions included).
I think I was one of the first people to get the 2 door version, Mike, you can correct me here if I am wrong,...

You basically flip up the locking latch mechanism, open slack in the strap(s), run the strap through the second buckle, slide it up close, THEN cinch it down.
You then can slide the second buckle up underneath the roll bar to keep the extra strap material high and tight and out of the way.
There's no gaps on the sides or front and the only quibble I have, is it is a little tricky to latch the rear freedom panel latches.

Other than that, I suggest you pay a little more for this particular item as it will get a lot of exposure.
Don't cheap out on certain things, (like this), and it will pay for itself in spades.

I'm glad I waited, and paid more for it.

And let me tell you guys, The "El Cheapo" screams at me when I purchase stuff.
I HATE paying too much for something.

The one thing these shades are is value.

OK,

My .02

20181014_205145.jpg

20181014_205158.jpg

20181014_205215.jpg

20181014_205223.jpg

20181014_205250.jpg

20181014_205325.jpg
Sponsored

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
This looks like a good option for me so I just ordered the swatches. Have a Sting Gray so while I think the titanium is awesome might be a little too matchy matchy.

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
Very happy with mine, cant wait until it warms up enough in Chicago to leave it off!

20180708_184018.jpg

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I had there jku product for two years and it was a great great product, my JL is still in D1 status at the plant but planning on placing my order ASAP

Is it possible to get small sample to see the color in person, I can’t decide between black, titanium, and soft gray to go with my sting gray rubicon softtop.. @JTopsUSA

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had there jku product for two years and it was a great great product, my JL is still in D1 status at the plant but planning on placing my order ASAP

Is it possible to get small sample to see the color in person, I can’t decide between black, titanium, and soft gray to go with my sting gray rubicon softtop.. @JTopsUSA
You can get samples from their site. I did before I ordered

Side question for the group - how do we encourage JTops to adapt the shade so you can pull the front all of the way back so you can get open air in the front if you want?

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
You can get samples from their site. I did before I ordered

Side question for the group - how do we encourage JTops to adapt the shade so you can pull the front all of the way back so you can get open air in the front if you want?
I just ordered, I called the sales line and spoke to the owner, he is very nice and genuinely cares about his business, and is very enthusiastic and cares about his product. This will be my second Jtop and I am a big fan of the company and product

Xeefactor

First Name
Leasia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport jl
They start shipping May 1st! Orders will be shipped in the order they were received. We have a bunch to go out next week! :like:

Please send me a PM for our Military Discount code...
How do I get the military discount
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.