rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So the only I could get yesterday was at idle and it was at like 83db
Thanks. That seems pretty high for idle. My MF idles around 68-70 db. The highest decibel reading I get is 80-81 when mashing it or going uphill.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildmank99

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
Thanks. That seems pretty high for idle. My MF idles around 68-70 db. The highest decibel reading I get is 80-81 when mashing it or going uphill.
Damn I’ll have to test it again when I’m back in town next week

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
On Pypes pulling this model for a bit...I contact the company and they said they had to redesign the tailpipe section due to conflict with some options from Jeep. I am wondering if the spacer design had to be removed and move the tailpipe under the sway bar due to lift kit issues.

Both the aggressive and touring muffler models are back in stock but with new part numbers. Make sure you order models that have 25 in them vs the older 23 models. 25R is the more traditional power sound and 25S is the low rumble touring version.

Anyway the version of the Pypes system you have sounds great at idle and not too loud so I will be cu

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
On Pypes pulling this model for a bit...I contact the company and they said they had to redesign the tailpipe section due to conflict with some options from Jeep. I am wondering if the spacer design had to be removed and move the tailpipe under the sway bar due to lift kit issues.

Both the aggressive and touring muffler models are back in stock but with new part numbers. Make sure you order models that have 25 in them vs the older 23 models. 25R is the more traditional power sound and 25S is the low rumble touring version.

Anyway the version of the Pypes system you have sounds great at idle and not too loud so I will be cu
I had the old design tailpipe and had some interference issues with it, called Pypes and they sent me the new design. Fits great and does get rid of the need for spacing the sway bar down.

Sponsored

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I had the old design tailpipe and had some interference issues with it, called Pypes and they sent me the new design. Fits great and does get rid of the need for spacing the sway bar down.
How are you liking the sound? Still happy with it? It is too loud or does it drone?

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
How are you liking the sound? Still happy with it? It is too loud or does it drone?
I have the "bullet" muffler (basically just a glasspack) version. It sounded a little ricey at first. Either it's mellowed with time or I've just gotten used to it but I really like the sound now. It's pretty loud if you're hard on the throttle, but not bad in normal driving. Zero drone at highway speed.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have the "bullet" muffler (basically just a glasspack) version. It sounded a little ricey at first. Either it's mellowed with time or I've just gotten used to it but I really like the sound now. It's pretty loud if you're hard on the throttle, but not bad in normal driving. Zero drone at highway speed.
Thanks. I am looking at the touring muffler but I can use yours as a gauge. I am assuming the Street Pro touring muffler will be a bit more subdued. Glad to hear there is no drone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildmank99

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military

I was told they changed it because of the trailer plug and the tail pipe were touching or something like that. The new pipe is way better in my opinion

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildmank99

Wildmank99

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 xj and 18 JL rubicon
Occupation
Military
Those are great numbers. Ironically similar to my Maganaflow. I just get drone big time.
Nice and I don’t have any drone thanks god. Not like my diesel truck lol
Sponsored